Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! im new to this forum, so i thought i would introduce myself to everyone!

im stacey, im from ontario, canada and i currently have a 2 year old beagle named sadie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif i just think she is the most precious girl! i love her to death! i think shes a pretty well behaved beagle, shes friends with my rabbit, and i can walk her in the forest off leash without her running away, and she even knows a few tricks ...my favourite of which is crawling :thumbup:

i have a few other pets as well, a rabbit ( mini lop) named sally and a bird (bengalese) named strawberry, and many many other finches and fish.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you and Sadie! She's beautiful even with mud on her face! I'm so nervous hearing that you have Sadie off-leash in the forest -- lots of tempting scents. Please, please consider having her on a lead -- there is a thread in the "discussion" group about various long leads good for hiking with our beags.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave:

She's a beautiful beagle! Abby is red and white also /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I agree with Judy, a lead would be ideal. Beagles are wanderers by heart as well as breed and there's really no telling when that one time will be when she'll decide to wander, or she'll be so keyed up on a scent that she gets away from you.

Many arooos to you both from me and Abby-doo,
~Jamie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Once again, welcome to Beagle World! :wave: The picture of muddy Sadie is too cute. I'll add my caution about unleashed beagles since I've had the experience of a beagle getting on a scent and getting lost. We were lucky and found ours, but that's not always the case. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big welcome arrrooo to Sadie. I'm sure Sally considers herself and Sadie part of the family. Since Sally doesn't act like prey, Sadie has a lop-eared friend. I'd love to see pictures of them together. My rescue beagle always recalls but I keep on lead just because I've seen that nose sniff into trouble more than once. Sadie is a great looking beagle!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW!
Nice photos, particularly the muddy one. Please reconsider letting her off leash, beagles are hunting dogs and a walk might go well 50 times and then suddenly you find your beagle has gone.
Also, did you know that beagles are bred to hunt rabbits and hares? :rolleye11: I would keep a close watch on your rabbit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont dare walking her off leash in town, i just do it in the forest, and shes never given me any problem, shes EXCELLENT at recalling in there. she runs along the trail with me, staying in sight, when she goes to far, i call her back, and she comes. its safe in there for her. now in town, she is waaaaaay to distracted by scents to do this.

hahaha and despite coming from hunting lines, shes a failure. which i like. she would rather kiss my bunny than kill it. and shes not great at finding things in the woods, when she does she just hopes to play with them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi! I completely understand you, suzy q does the same. I think she is afraid that she is going to lose me. We have brush by our house and when we walk through it she makes sure she sees me, if she doesnt, she starts howling, as if asking me to stop mom!!! I love it, beagles cant talk but they sure can communicate with us! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome from Henry and I! :wave:

Sadie sounds like a smart girl. My honorary beagle, Olivia, loves to run through the forest while we walk...every now and then she panics and thinks she has lost us and comes running at us, full speed.

As for Sadie being a "failure" at hunting...I think that is what happen with my Henry. He was a rescue and amazes me when he walks past a tasty morsel on the floor without noticing it.

Love the pics, especially the muddy one. We've all been there!

·
Registered
135 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Your Beagle gets along with your Rabbit, wow! Mine would have a blast chasing the rabbit around my yard trying to catch it!that would be a sight to watch! :evilgrin:
Cute Beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome, Stacey!! Sadie is a very pretty lady!! I love the brown spot on top of her head--how cute!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts