Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody! I am new to this forum and also new to owning my own puppy! I got her last night, she is 3 months old and I decided to name her Lucy:D I do have a few questions! 1.How much food should i feed her and how many times a day?
2. How old should she be when i give her her rabies shot?
Thanks! Sorry for the stupid questions but i just want to make sure she is happy and healthy!!!

Registered
I just got a 3 month old non-Beagle puppy and he's already got his rabies and other shots - just needs one last booster at the start of December.

I'm not sure what a pup that's beagle-sized would need to eat, but they should eat 3x/day at this age. I'd take her to your vet for her shots etc. and let them tell you what she should be eating

Registered
And congratulations on your new addition! We need pics! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a 3 month old non-Beagle puppy and he's already got his rabies and other shots - just needs one last booster at the start of December.

I'm not sure what a pup that's beagle-sized would need to eat, but they should eat 3x/day at this age. I'd take her to your vet for her shots etc. and let them tell you what she should be eating
OK! Thank you for your reply!

Registered
Yay pics!

Registered
definitely get her fixed. however - do not be shy about it. find a really good vet. i had a dog i took to a "budget" vet once, they botched the job, and she had bladder control issues for the rest of her life after that. to this day, i still feel guilty about it.

as for the food, i would recommend going to this site:

The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?

do your research, buy the very best food you can afford. that way, no cycsts or other health problems that come with cheap grocery store food. i buy a 30 lb bag for my dogs, and when i do the math, it works out to almost $1/day for each dog. buy puppy food until they are 9 months. they need the nutrition while they are growing. they are your "babies" so you want to treat them accordingly, right?

lastly, posting puppy pics for everyone to fawn over is obligatory! :D
we need to see the cuties!
congratulations!

edit: i almost forgot. the bag will give you a pretty good idea of how much to feed. you may be tempted to give them more, but you don't want them to get fat. watch their weight, and be strict with their diet. it will really pay off big time

Registered
How do I post a picture?
piece of cake

1) you need an image hosting site if you don't already have one. i use imgur. it's free, and it's good enough for posting pics in forums. there are others, but best to avoid photobucket.

after you post your image to the hosting site, you need to copy the url for that pic (ctrl+c)
come to this thread (or any other on any forum you might go on, they all work the same way) and when you click reply and the text window appears, look just above it, just right of center. you'll see a yellowish icon with a mountain and a sun. click that. in the box that appears, paste your url (ctrl+v) then click ok. type whatever else you might want to say in the box just like you would any other time you are making a post, then click submit. your pic should appear when your post is...posted hahahaha.

using the same steps, here is a pic of sneakers watching a movie with me

Registered
You can do it not using Photobucket (I don't use that anymore) but I think you have to do advanced reply then attach it using the paperclip.

Registered
Ive explained this before but here goes...
1. I access this site using my cell phone which is really easy.
2. Go to www.ourbeagleworld.com and save it to your table top.
3. Log in and post as usual.
4. You'll see a paper clip symbol at the top. Click on it which will take you to your pictures.
5. Chose your picture and it will attach without having to go to any host site.... easy peasy.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts