Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: There are a lot of folks here who have raised their beagles from puppies, so it's a good place for answers. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My Li'l Girl was grown when I adopted her, so I'm not much help in the puppy department.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to our pack... :wave:
Once you have pictures of Diesel, be sure to post them.... we love pics... :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Diesel sounds great. Welcome to Beagle World. The only advice I could offer now I expect you won't take. If you could force yourself to let Diesel stay with his mum and pack till at least 10 weeks old he would better learn certain doggie social skills. I know here in the states breeders routinely let their pups go at 8 weeks but those last two weeks are real learning experiences for the young pup and their mum and siblings can do a better job than us two legged types. I know, he's so cute and you want him so bad so I won't be offended if you ignore my suggestion. Diesel will thrive with love, patience, and your attention.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, MyKale & Diesel! I love the name you have selected -- one of the fun beagle habits is running like crazy through the house -- we call it the "zoomies". He will go as fast as a diesel train so the name is perfect! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I would have to second Bob's suggestion about trying to leave your pup with its mother until he is 10 weeks old. We have had some members who have young pups post recently about socialization problems their pups have had and it seems as though the reason is that they were taken too soon from their birth mom and siblings. At least you get to visit with him often -- that might make waiting a bit easier. Looking forward to pics -- I have a senior beagle who is now 12 1/2 so I get my "puppy fix" from everyone else's photos!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts