Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very remiss and not posted for ages.Well a lot has been happening. My MS is being kept bearable by having Hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and had a mastectomy plus chemo plus radio therapy. Gem felt very sorry for her when she lost all her hair so sat on her to keep her warm.

Holly had a tumour removed off her chest which thankfully was benign.

It was a big incision.

Which left quite a scar.

I will try and post some more pics in a new post soon. They are just loading at the moment.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi Hils. Been concerned about your health and wondering about the girls. Glad you can keep the MS in check, sorry to hear about your Mum's problems and hope they are resolved and she can return to good health. Gem looks well! Sure glad Holly's Tumour (You Brit's spell things weird /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) was benign. I'm sure she got plenty of love and and attention and when her fur grows back, she will be none the worse. The Bagel and I send warm and friendly thoughts to you and yours.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not all been bad thankfully. The girls are doing well generally. Here are some pics to prove they are still well and still frizby queens.

Holly and frizby.

Gem and frizby.

Fighting over it as they get a treat when they return it.

In a poppy field.

Whilst on holiday Holly tried to dig to Australia.

The really good thing that has happened this year is that Adam took his class one test and passed so he is now qualified to drive artic lorries! Holly is proud as punch and can't hide her admiration for her clever dad.

Posting pictures is OK but I find typing very painful so I apologise if I go missing again for a while. :computer:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi, I'm a relatively new member, and have not seen any of your posts before. Your dogs are beautiful.
I hope your mother is feeling better and is on a way to a speedy recovery, and so is your puppy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hilary, it's good to see your post, and the pictures of Gem and Holly. I hope your mum is recovering well, and I'm glad Holly's tumor was benign.

Hopefully, things are getting better for you now. Remember that even when you don't feel like posting often, you're still a valued member of our Beagle World Family.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thanks so much for posting -- sounds like you've had a rough time of it. Your pups are beautiful -- I especially loved the picture of them both holding onto the frisbee together. Take care of yourself!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Hilary, I completely understand what you are going through. Mom also had a mastectomy and went through chemotherapy. Thank God she has been healthy for the past two years. My uncle bought Julio (Doberman) and he cheered her up SO much, if she was ever down she would scoop him up and cuddle. They are the best kind of comfort! During that time we were very positive and only thought of moving to Florida and living happily ever after. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh and very nice beagles!!! I never get sick of "meeting" new ones, they are all so different yet similar, I love them!!!
Did Holly ever arrive in Australia? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
what a sweet picture of your pups in the poppy field !!

what a wild ride you have been on....hope you and your mom continue to do well.

You have 2 beautiful babies !!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Hilary! I am new to Beagle babies too so I don't know you but it sure is great to *meet* you!

Sorry you have had a hard year, but seems you are on an upswing!

And the pix of the Girls in the flowers! WONDERFUL! I would have that one enlarged and put on a wall!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Hilary!

I'm Denise and my beetle is Henry.

I loved the photos of your girls. My favorite is the one of them with the frisbee too.

I hope your mom has an uneventful recovery and you feel well enough to type soon.

*Can anybody from across the pond tell me what an artic lorry is? :conf12:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for your comments and also for showing me how to spell frisbee. :rolleyes: I just couldn't think how to spell it.
Gingergoose an artic lorry is an articulated lorry as in a cab with a huge trailer
My mum is doing well now, she just gets very tired. Not bad for a 73 year old I think.
Thank you all again for the welcome backs and hellos and 'Hi to all newbies who don't know me.'

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Its good to have you back. Sorry to hear typing is painful. Maybe you could look into voice recognition software to help ease it somewhat. Sorry to hear about you mum. She is still with us though.

Holly & Gem look great. Excellent photo work as usual. They took a big enough margin on Holly, didn't they?

I really is good to hear from you again.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm glad you could join us again. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and hope your able to type with pain very soon. I think voice recognition software would be an excellant idea if you want to be on the computer a lot.

The picture of the girls in the poppy field is so adorable.

P.S. We Canadians spell "tumour" the same way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hilary!! I'm so happy to see you posting again, but so sorry this has been such a rough year for you,Holly and your mum. But you do have your girls who I see continue to be a source of joy. Thanks for posting the pictures. The one with them both running with the frisby is so cute! And congratulations to Adam for passing his qualifying test. I'm sorry I don't know what an arctic lorrie is, but please pass my congrats on to him! I hope your pain lessens soon.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
My regards to your mom, and nice to know you. I'm in California Martinez, 30 miles East to San Francisco. My beagle's name is Charlie, a 15", a fast runner with his long legs.
Congrats to your hubby on the Lorrie's licence, I know over here in America, they got high pay, and all the goodies, medical insurance, pension and even union.
I learned my English in a British way, from Hong Kong, and I learned that word Lorrie which we call truck. Perhaps yours meaning a hugh container like a groceries "Safeway" or a tanker of Chevron gas. :eyes:
But anyway, good to know you, hope you feel better too.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Ouch, that is quite the incision for what looked like a little tumour.

The rest of the pics are great as well, I love the one where they are fighting over the frisbee. The background in that shot is just amazing.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Good to hear from you again, I have been wondering what you were up to. Great photo's as always the frisbee and poppy field are my favorites :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hi Hilary

Sorry to hear things are up and down. We have met, back at Crufts in 2004.

The pix of the girls are lovely.

Nice to hear from you.

We have three beagles now and hoping to breed next year aand possible have four!!

Take care

Hellen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts