Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi meet Cooper a beagle and fox wire terrier cross..
A family had him but couldn’t cope due to work commitments..I adore him, he’s a total nightmare but I’m in love 🥰

He’s 6 months old and loves ruining my garden and having crazy zoomies every evening ,, oh and he’s obsessed with mirrors
Regards Andy
ED4CD985-A9E7-4FF5-B280-68836D586652.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
He is SO darn cute! What does he do that makes him a nightmare? We might have some advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there’s a list 😂 digging holes, obsessed with mirrors, constantly biting stones,pulling on lead and he also has his zoomie hr or two in the evening..

I’m working on the pulling, I just stop walking and turn back and it’s slowly sinking in..

The stones my major concern my gardens full of gravel so I’m constantly trying to stop him..

He’s obsessed with any mirrors , I’m under the impression that this goes with time, I’m also sure the zoomie hr calms down as he gets older..
Regards Andy

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
If you walk him on a very short leash and keep him by your side you can reward him when he walks by your side and doesn't pull. A harness or martingale collar can be helpful. If he is in the yard with the stones you can try to redirect him with a treat. They also make treat balls that you can fill with kibble and he can roll that around instead of playing with rocks. I had a rescue that was obsessed with mirrors too but he got over it after a bit.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mollys Mom has some great advice so I will just say holy goodness what a cutie! WOW!

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Welcome. Luuuv the furry beard! So cute. Give commands like, "LEAVE IT" when he goes for rocks or any contraband. I had great success with using a clicker which you can get at a petstore or on line..cheap training tool. Look at YouTube videos on how to use one. Believe me when i say i have tried every harness and collar and the only type that came close to preventing pulling is called "Perfect Pace" and can be purchased on line directly from the maker. They have videos that show how it works.
Get your dog into an obedience class when you can.
Young dogs love to do zoomies.. my 8yr old not so much anymore. By most opinions it takes 3 years for beagles to start calming diwn.
Hope you remain on the forum..lots of good advice here.
Cassie says hi!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I’ve ordered a clicker and the plastic ball,, hopefully the ball will help with the stone issue..

He seems pretty switched on with the clicker, the only time he’s not rushed back was during a walk and was obsessed with sniffing, going to carry on with it, if he has a treat I click everytime..
Regards Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts