Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my names Tosh and I'm from Scotland I'm new to the forum and you could say new to beagles, we have had SUMMER since she was 10 weeks old she is just under 6 months now....

we looked into different breads for a while before going for a beagle, as soon as we saw her we knew we had made the correct choice.

i love the way every time they do something "naughty" they give you the proper puppy dog eyes and that little "smile" that the do...its as if they no they have done wrong but you wont be able to do anything after looking at them ha ha..

hee is a few pics of summer

anyway thanks for looking and look forward to hearing from you all.

Tosh

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Tosh :wave: Welcome to beagle World and a big ole welcome arrroooo to Summer. This board has about a large proportion (Maybe 30%) who have adult rescues so we get our puppy fgix by vicariously enjoying those that have pups. I'm sure you'll fit right in here!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome Tosh and Summer. We have another "Summer" Beagle in this forum and every time I hear that name I think of an old song. "Summer time, and the living is easy ....." But we all know living with a Beagle can be fun, a blast, an experience, etc. but it is never easy. You can not let your guard down with them for a second. I have 3 of the little darlings of my own and 1 that I am fostering. Life is never, ever dull, but easy, it ain't!! :bounce:
You must tell us all about Summer and there is no such thing as too many pictures!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome Tosh and Summer!! :wave:

Summer is adorable! She will always figure out how to wrap you around her little paw. You just can't stay mad at a Little Beagle Girl :heart:

I have always wanted to visit Scotland, but I don't think it will ever happen. I have a cousin who lived there for quite a few years (her husband was in the U.S. Navy) and she really loved it.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Another Summer? Oh what is this would coming too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I hope yours is less of a hellion than mine.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you both.... we seem to have a growing Scottish community here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I'm sure you have already started to discover the special antics beagles have... you just can't not love them!!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to Tosh and Summer from Henry and I! :thumbup:

Yes, those beagle faces are very effective weapons that they use on their loving moms and dads, isn't it? I fall for it every time!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

My Henry is one of the many rescues here at BW that Bob mentioned. He was a hurricane dog from Louisiana that we adopted when we saw his picture on the internet. He was sick from heartworms and scared to death (obviously was very abused in the past) when he got here. He is now our special boy who although has visits from ghosts of the past, knows that he is loved and safe now. It's a wonderful feeling.

Scotland is a land I've always wanted to see. Someday we will.

Your Summer is precious...thanks for showing us the pictures.

~Denise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi to all and thanks for making us feel very welcome here....

its funny to see that some of you want to come to Scotland..when i would like to come to America..i have managed 1 visit we had a family holiday to Florida in 2005 and loved every minute of it, we were planning on going this year again but my wife is expecting our 2nd child in april so it looks like we will have to wait a bit longer.

thanks again for the welcomes

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congratulations on your expected arrival. I'd love to go to Scotland, too. Maybe we Beagle Worlders could work out a vacation exchange program. :hi:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to you, Tosh and Summer :wave: and congratulations on the coming little one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Beagle, a breed like no others!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tosh and Summer I too am new at BW. But, they have helped me feel very welcome, and are good at showing consideration for what we love best. They have been very informative in there responses and encouraging. I hope you find all the answers to your questions and compassion of this wonderful community to help you and summers' journey. WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Another big welcome arrrooo from the other side of the pond - this one from Vancouver, Canada! Summer is a cutie and I love the way you describe what she does after doing something naughty - I'm sure all of us with beagles know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! Our three beagles were all adult rescues so we won't be able to give you puppy advice - but there are lots of other BeagleWorld members who will able to help you through the puppy challenges and then the rest of us with adult rescues will chime in when we can!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to BW - I'm new here, too, but it's a great, supportive place to visit.
I have ten of the little darlings, ranging from 7 1/2 years to 9 months - and everything in between. Obviously, I'm a 'beagle nut'.
Your little Summer is adorable.
Here's my "youngest", Miss Angel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.