Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here & just wanted to introduce my pack!
I'm a small Beagle breeder, currently have 9 hounds (YIKES!); only 4 are breeding candidates and 1 is an eight month old bluetick pup still being evaluated. I hunt hare w/ my hounds for fun and will soon be taking on a new show bred pupper ... WOO HOO! Looking forward to that challenge :biglaugh:
My hounds are: Deputy, Heidi, Moose, Friar Tuck, Toby, Rusty, Bunny, Scout & Abbey. Think that's about all of them, lol.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Woo Woo.... another one!!!
A big welcome to you and your pack... :wave:
Please please - pictures and stories.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome to you and your pack! Our much smaller pack of 3 also has a Moose. Our hounds are all rescues - two of them most likely came from hunting backgrounds but were abandoned and now hunt sandwiches and other wildlife in the city... but I'm sure they would love to go after some hare!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures, you say? Hmmm, I think I may have a few of those :biglaugh:

Deputy (from pet store, has epilepsy & intervertebral disc disease)

Heidi, my foundation bitch (2 pics)

Bunny

Friar Tuck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L to R (Toby, Moose, Rusty)

Scout (puppy in training)

Abbey (pup from dishonest breeder - has grade 3 heart murmur)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
They are all beautiful :heart: :heart: :heart: ... are they 13"?
Awww, thanks!

A few of them are 13" and under, but Heidi, Toby, Friar Tuck are all full 15".

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy. :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. You have some fine looking hounds but Deputy has my heart and giving Abbey a loving home makes you the best kind of beagle owner/breeder. Do Heidi and Bunny hunt well? Scout looks like he has great potential. Frair tuck is too handsome, how does he hunt? Toby, Moose, and Rusty look like happy hounds. I tried to guess which ones besides dear Deputy and poor Abbey didn't make your "breeding candidates list" I wish I had the time and room for a pack. My lone beagle was somewhere between 3 and 5 when I rescued him from the kill shelter. This February, he wiill have been with me for 10 years and he still acts like a pup!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Originally posted by bob:
Howdy. :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. You have some fine looking hounds but Deputy has my heart and giving Abbey a loving home makes you the best kind of beagle owner/breeder. Do Heidi and Bunny hunt well? Scout looks like he has great potential. Frair tuck is too handsome, how does he hunt? Toby, Moose, and Rusty look like happy hounds. I tried to guess which ones besides dear Deputy and poor Abbey didn't make your "breeding candidates list" I wish I had the time and room for a pack. My lone beagle was somewhere between 3 and 5 when I rescued him from the kill shelter. This February, he wiill have been with me for 10 years and he still acts like a pup!
Hi /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thanks for yoyr compliments on my hounds ... I'm kinda partial to them too, lol!
Most of them are in my hunting pack, but just haven't made the grade for breeding quality. Of course, Deputy & Abbey are nixed because of health reasons. Rusty is out because the lights are on but no one is home, poor thing. Toby doesn't have the conformation, but is one of my best hunters. I want conformation, health, brains, hardiness, hunt/desire, line control and of course, temperament in a breeding candidate. Tuck is a very aggressive jump dog, upper medium speed, could use better line control but everything else is in place. Heidi & Bunny are all around gundogs. They are the best hunting compantions!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm jealous. I wish I could have as many dogs as you have. They are all beautiful, but I think I am partial to Friar Tuck. He is gorgeous!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A quick welcome to BW! (Am on my lunch break -- looking in on BW is great stress reducer!) All your pups are beautiful and I, too, send you kudos for opening up your home to those that might not make it otherwise.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the pack! :wave:

Another vote for a great looking bunch of Beags!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW! You certainly wont be lonely with a pack your size. beautiful hounds all of them and so kind of you to take them in.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi, HoundMusic, and a very belated welcome to BW! I don't often venture to this section, and so totally missed the pictures of your beautiful beagles, till now!! They are all so lovely, but I must single out Deputy for his wonderful color--I love ticking and freckles!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Thanks for sharing your pack!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts