Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures of Melody. Her favorite chew toys so far are toes. She is learning what toy means though and I hope she learns toys and toes aren't the same thing, haha. I think she has grown just in the 2 days I have had her. She is very loving and almost always takes a nap in your lap or right next to you.

I am not sure if I need to get a small crate now and then go to a larger one when she grows, or get one with a divider so it can grow with her, but I will be crating her. Any suggestions on crate sizes will be great.

I will post more pictures later. Melody1.jpg

Melody3.jpg

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Go with a large crate that has a divider. No point spending double money as they grow faster than you would think.
I found socks and shoes helped the toe biting.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
YAY! You got your baby. I was hoping you would be back to share pictures and stories.

I agree with Cassie. Get the larger crate, with a divider. Natty Boh's crate is 36X24 and 26 high. I used the divider, gradually expanding his area, until he didn't need it any more.

Congrats! Melody is a little doll.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Awww you new people come on here and tease us with cute puppy pics. lol I love her color. I like the darker Beagles. Welcome! I got my crates at Walmart. They were like $15 so it wasn't a big deal getting the smaller one at first and moving up as my pup grew. Enjoy your crazy puppy months, they go all to fast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You all are so supportive and I'm learning that my beagle Jack is just a beagle and does beagle things. I was beginning to think one of us was crazy. He's into everything all the time. He's totally motivated by food and once he has a scent, he's ON it. I do wish he would cuddle a little but he had no interest in that at all.

·
Registered
Libby the Beagle 4 years old
4 Posts
........my beagle Jack is just a beagle and does beagle things. I was beginning to think one of us was crazy. He's into everything all the time. He's totally motivated by food and once he has a scent, he's ON it. ......
I have had a Beagle before. I currently have a Beagle now and I want Libby to stay a Beagle! I want her to do "Beagle Things" and have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts