Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, for those of you who know my situation, well the couple that bred Marco's parents have now a new litter and I just saw their ad in the paper. If you guys remember, they ignored my phone calls after Marco was diagnosed w/ Hydrocephalus and I had to unfortunately put him down at barely 4 months old. Part of me feels like calling because I'm entitled to a puppy, but another part wouln't want to deal with this because one I'm not ready for another puppy since I have Domino and I would be afraid of getting another one from them.

I'm just a little upset about it and don't know if I should do anything about it like call and tell them off

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I wouldn't want to get another puppy from them. You might feel better if you call and tell them how you feel but it probably won't change them or their approach to breeding. Too bad there isn't some way to let other people know what is happening before they get a pup. Do breeders have to be licensed in your state? Are there any laws to protect the buyer or is your only recourse another pup? Also is hydrocephalus an inherited defect or is it something any puppy could have?
Marco was a beautiful pup and you must miss him so much. I am sorry.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know and I'm trying to find out more info. I think you need a permit in order to sell not breed. Hydrocephalus could be hereditary or somehow acquired while in the womb through infection in the mother. What I do know is that they claim none in the litter had worms and Marco was infested and I had to take care of it a couple of times. Now that I think back when I went for a visit when Marco was like 3 months, it was really dirty out there and I wanted to get him out of there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and yes I miss him everyday. I will never forget him and no other dog will replace him. Even though I love Domino dearly, it doesn't take away everything I went through and how much that first experience affected me.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I can understand how you feel about these people and if it were me I would want to speak to them and find out what on earth they think they are doing. I also feel sorry for the new litter and their future owners.
You went through hell because of poor little Marco, and know what you must be going through knowing that this latest litter has been put on the earth.
Thinking of you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I too wouldn't get another puppy from them. I would also check if there is an organization the I can report them to, they shouldn't be getting documents for their litters.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does your state have a Puppy Lemon Law? My vet told me our state (PA) has a really good one, so they had me bring Charlee in within 5 days after getting him. My breeder has a 1 yr guarantee anyway, but it was nice to know I had other options if needed. Check into it and see if there might be something you can do.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
If you want to say what you feel to them, go ahead. But be careful, it could be taken as harrassment.

If you really want another beagle, then get one. But check you local SPCA, Humane Society, Animal Control and Rescues too. You may find a diamond in the rough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would tell them off. They shouldn't have ignored your calls, you are entitled to talk to the breeder about any problems you are having. Just be careful what you say but they need to know they screwed up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts