Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Natasha and i'm from the UK,
I have Two Beagles Alfie and Daisy,I show Alfie but not Daisy (its not really her thing bless her,she'd rather eat,sleep and cuddle Lol !! )
I look forward to browsing the forums and meeting you all,
Here are my Two..........

Alfie

Daisy

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Great pic's & welcome to the board! This is a great place to share dog tales & learn something new! :thumbup: Are these your first, or does your family "have a history with beags" like mine does? Either way, we all learn something new with each hound! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you, Natasha! And "arooo" to Alfie and Daisy from my Henry Beetle!

Beautiful babies you have there!

Please tell us how you "met". We love stories and pictures here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind replies,
I didn't have a history with Beagles before i got these Two,In fact i wasn't allowed a pet as a child !
It all started 7 years ago when my son was 3,We got the film 'Cats and dogs' and were all taken with how lovely these little hounds were,We had always wanted a dog but had never 'fallen' for any particular breed and wanted to wait till our son was older,The moment he saw them he wanted a Beagle,not any dog but only a Beagle !!! We told him that if he saved his pocket money up to £50 and spent some more on books on the breed i would read them to him.And that when we had found out more about them we would put the rest of the money towards getting one one day,I wanted him to realise that you couldn't just go out and get a dog 'Just like that' and that you had to put plenty of thought and time into it.
They are not as poular over here in the UK and i had never ever seen one,in fact to this day in my area in the 3 years we've had ours i have only seen 2 !! The only time we see lots is at shows !
Well it took him a year to save up,then we spent the next 3 years researching breeders and putting some money aside,I was shocked when i realised how much they were,A quality Beagle here from a good breeder is around £800 ,I think thats around $1,500 .
Eventually we chose Alfie or rather he chose us,we had actually settled on a Bitch but well...he was adorable and we had to have him,
A year and a half later Daisy came to us from another family at the age of 14 months,
It turned ou to be one of the best things we've ever done having Beagles in our family,we love them to bits !
I can honestly say that we wouldn't be without Beagles now and as Daisy doesn't like showing much, in the future we would like another Bitch to show,Alfie has done pretty well so far and we all enjoy showing,especially him !! He howls with delight the minute he gets out of the car !!My son is now 10 and adores them,he occasionally does Junior handling but most of all he just enjoys them being around,
Some pics of Alfie as a pup...Who could resist !!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
:wave: Welcome to Beagle World!! Both your beagles are just beautiful!! What an adorable puppy Alfie was, and I love the picture of puppy Alfie with the great big beagle head behind him!! What a wonderful story of how you became infected with "beaglelitis" Yes, the beagle in Cats and Dogs was a wonderful advertisement for the breed!! Congratulations on the success Alfie has had in the show ring.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh the pictures! Be still my beating heart! How sweet little Alfie looks. :heart:

Unfortunately over here, in some areas of the country more than others, beagles and labs are a dime a dozen. Rescues fill up.

In back-woods areas, where much hunting is done, beagles are more commodities than pets and even expendable because they seem to have large litters.

Not everywhere...but still too much.

And of course, there are people on this board who hunt but love their little "assistants" like crazy. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: Your beagles are beautiful. There may not be as many in the UK as there are here in the US, but the English beagles are so gorgeous. :heart:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to BW!! :wave:
We are from the uk too :wave: Its a lovely & friendly community here. There's one thing we all have in common......we adore our beagles.

My two can be seen at:

www.chesborough-beagles.co.uk

Angela
Willow & Katie beagles

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome. You have a couple of good looking pups there. Look forward to hearing about their exploits. :wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Natasha :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and big arrroooo to Alfie and Daisy. Alfie is just too cute and I see why you show him. Daisy is my kind of Beagle, since she came to you as a young lady, she deserves the good life. I can see you and your son have blessed them with love and attention! Looking forward to excahnging stories.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A big arrroooo and welcome to Beagle World from Canada. Your hounds are lovely!! I am really surprised there are not many beagles in the UK - I guess I just think of everyone "over there" out hunting with their packs of beagles, just like in all of the classic British hunting pictures!

And since you grew to love beagles because of the movie "Cats & Dogs", be sure to keep your eyes out for a new beagle movie coming out this summer called "Underdog" - I just found out about it and apparently it features a beagle with supercanine powers who flies around fighting crime like Superman!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome, Welcome to Beagle World :wave:

Your Alfie and Daisy are adorable!! I have a Daisy also and she is so calm I'm sure she wouldn't like showing either. Congratulations on showing Alfie (I love his name!)

You did a good thing researching the breed and teaching your son to really think about getting a dog. I did the same research when my hubby and I decided to get another dog. Our Vinny was a Beagle/Springer Spaniel mix and he was so good that we decided to go all Beagle. Daisy is a rescue and the perfect personality for us. We love her so much. :heart:

Hope you'll have fun with us!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Be still my beating heart! :exactly: Welcome to the pack!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eat Anglia..Quite a way from where you are !!
Good luck with your pup !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts