Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone ...i am a pet portrait artist and am looking for a beagle "model" ...i have never drawn a beagle and would love the chance to "practice " on one of your furbabies.... you can check out my website ( pocomutt.com ) and view some examples of my work... if you wish to be considered please post a photo of your furbaby that is not copywrited & that you have permission to use.... the person whose baby i choose will get the portrait for free.... i have a boston terrier but my grandaughter who i have custody of wants a beagle pup...so if you all could tell me what you love about the breed ..it would be better info coming from those who actually have them already..... thanks!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome :eyes: , and they are very stubborn (but very smart), as one of the signature sentences here say: you don't train a beagle, you negotiate - this can't be any closer to the truth.

All in all, I think its the best breed in the world, and enjoy every second of having my baby :roll: . If you are up to it, and your grandaughter is willing to commit, you should definitely get her the puppy.

On that note, I would love to suggest Chloe as your model. Just let me know where to send the picture....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much for the wonderful info....i think my grandaughter will do just fine with her pup...and i think my boston will get on well with a beagle also... you may post the photo right here...or send to my e-mail [email protected]... thanks again...

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would love to submit Marley for the portrait.

However, I probably won't.

On that note I will say there are some terrific looking beagles on this site. One of my favs is Chloe. There was one picture that her mommy posted with her laying down, almost like profile shot. It was magnificent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just lettin' y'all know that i made my choice for the free portrait.... will post the portrait on saturday in a new thread... good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Just catching up with this thread! How exciting to see which beagle you've chosen!
My favorite dog (before I got Shiloh) was a boston I had as a teenager. A Boston and a Beagle--two great dogs that should go great together! You asked what is the best thing about beagles? Besides that beagle puppies are the cutest creatures on the planet... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ...having had dogs all my life, I think I can honestly say that I feel more loved by my beagle Shiloh than any other dog I have. And they are such happy dogs. They earn their nickname of The Merry Little Hound. They can be pretty stubborn, especially when they're on a scent, but they're a wonderful breed! :heart:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
than you so much for your reply.... i kind of thought that if my grandaughter ahd a beagle it would probably get along well with my boston.... i will be posting the winning portrait tom. night some time.....

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Nette,

I was off of BW for a while with some of the other Cox customers but we are back and I have alot of catching up to do.

Rats! I am sorry I missed the chance to submit my handsome Henry-Beetle for your portrait. I'll have to root around the other threads to see who won.

Personally, the reason I love beagles...their soulful, sad faces that they use as excellent weapons to get what they want, and their cuddly and loving dispostion.

Anyway...come back to BW when ya'll get your beagle. And consider looking around on rescue groups if you can. Just a suggestion.

~Denise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts