Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site so I wanted to introduce myself and my 7 month old Beagle, Penny. We just recently got her so she's still a little shy. She's absolutly adorable and a huge cuddler. I grew up with Beagles but she is the first inside Beagle I've ever had. Last Monday we had to put our Daschund to sleep because she was really sick so it's been a sad time for us but Penny is making us realize that happier times are to come. Before we got Penny she was an outside dog and bred for hunting. She was with all of her brothers and sisters so I'm concerned that now that she is an only child she is a little lonely. By the way, does anyone use Black Gold Premium dog food? That was what she was using before and I've had her on Science Diet but she seems like it bothers her stomach so I'm going to put her back on it. I've checked the recall lists and it's not on any of them, I just wanted to make sure no one had any problems with it. Anyway, I look forward to talking with everyone and learning more about the breed.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your dachshund. It's good that Penny is helping to fill the empty place in your heart.

If you'll click on the Photo Posting Help section of the forum, you'll find instructions for posting your pictures. We'll be looking forward to seeing them 'cause we love pictures!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks for the help. I didn't realize I had to have a 100 posts to put Penny as my avatar. Something to shoot for!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I think I'm going to really enjoy this site. Everyone seems so friendly and there are some great resources on here! Not to mention the love of the dogs!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World :wave:
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, but I'm sure Penny will cheer you up.
This is a great source of information, plus we all like talk about how wonderful our beags are. Post a picture soon!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big welcome arroooo to Penny. So sorry to hear of having to let your Daschund go to the Bridge. Beagle's are very pack oriented so I suspect Penny will miss her canine companion as well. Look for to hearing many stories of Penny and her adventures.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! So sorry to hear about your daschund. I bet Penny is missing her companion. I am glad to hear she is a cuddler -- that will help you through tough times. Loved seeing Penny's pictures -- she has very pretty coloring.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome!!! Sorry to hear of you loss. Many of us have gone through that hear so we can relate and are here for you.

Congrats on Penny! The group also has a lot to offer about Beagles so we are here for you on that as well.

Never tried that food, but let me ask you this, how did you transition her over to Science Diet? Not cold turkey right? If so, that may be it. They have to be mixed at certain proportions for a period of time, weaning her off the old and introducing the new.

Great pics! To put them into your post, you would click on the 'Image' button at the bottom of the post you are typing, and then paste in the picture properties. To get the picture properties/address, go to the site they are on, right click, select properties, copy and paste the address.

Like this....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and welcome to BW :wave:

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Dacshund. I had two of them and loved them both.

Penny looks darling :heart: and I am looking forward to stories and pics as she grows up. We have people who can give you lots of advice, funny tales, and kind concern.

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you! In answer to your question, we didn't actually have any of the Black Gold dog food for her so yes, we did change her cold turkey. We tried to buy it but it only sells in 30 lb bags and it would take her quite a while to go through that. I think it would go stale before then. Luckily her stomach seems to be doing better now. I think part of it was that we were still new to her and she was in a new place. She's gotten used to us now and starting to show her true colors! We still love her to death though! Oh, and thanks for the picture advice.

·
Registered
751 Posts
glad to hear it! Then it probably was the fact that she couldn't wean off the old one. She's a trooper I am sure, so she will do fine!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you and Penny from Henry and I. :wave:

I loved looking at the pictures of Penny. And...I love that name. I'm sure she will be fine without her siblings as long as she has lots of love and cuddles.

I am really very sorry to hear about your recent loss. I lost my Olivia on September 31. We were together for 16 years and I am still very un-used to being without her.

Yes, you have to have 100 posts for Penny to be in your avatar but those posts go fast. You'll see.

My Henry was an adult rescue hurricane dog and he's been with us for almost 2 years. He came with lots of baggage but he's much better and actually "smiles"...as much as a beagle can smile anyway.

Again...welcome to BW.

~Denise

1 - 17 of 17 Posts