Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Valentina, I'm 22 and I'm from Italy.. I'm really sorry for my bad English /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I'm a proud mom of two amazing beagles:
Luce is the first dog I adopted with my husband. Her name means "Sunlight", and she's 2 years and 8 months old. She has been really tricky on her childhood, as she's very dominant. She loves swimming :biglaugh: , sleeping on our bed, running in the open air and she really liked destroying almost every cd I had (and of course my husband's shoes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )
The third of our babies is Milla (named after the camomile tea, wishing her to be calmer than Luce :p ) She's always been a little angel, in fact we hadn't any of the problems we had with Luce: she never longed for destroying, nor she did pee almost uninterruptedly as Luce did. Her previous master used to underfed her, and I suspect she's been beaten because she's really scared of men. So when she arrived home she was a little shaking creature.
Milla and Luce became soon best friends: now it's really hard to find one in a place without the other /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And Milla is starting to go over her fears. Milla is 8 months now!
We love our babies more than our lives!! They are our joy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

This is Luce

This is Milla a few weeks ago, she's been bitten on her nose by my mother's dog (she was trying to steal his food)

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome Valentina, Luce, and Mille! :wave:

Wow...Italy! My descendants were from Northern Italy. Florence, I think. I wish I knew more.

I love your babies' pictures! And what great stories.

My Henry is a rescue like Mille. He was probably beaten also.

Tell us more about how you got your babies. I, for one, love stories with happy endings.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Love your beagles. Like Denise stated, we love stories with happy endings and seems like Luce and Milla now have very happy lives.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! It's a great place. Your girls are simply beautiful! Lucky Beagles and their parents that get to live in Italy! I can't wait to hear about your girls and their stories.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well.. Thanks for the welcome /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I have been looking for a forum about Beagles for ages, and then I found this.. I love this place! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
Two years and half ago I started a trip around Europe with my husband and my zwergpinscher Dream. I bought her in a shop in Spain five years ago, and my parents didn't want me to have another dog. As soon as I left home for our new house we started planning to have a new puppy, so we spent most of our holiday talking about the kind of dog we would have loved most. Then it happened that we saw a beagle who was trailing his master to the middle of a road, and he was so absorbed in what he was doing, and so cute and happy that we decided we wanted one. Back home we looked for a Beagle breeding (I took Dream in a shop, and had a terrible experience since she has been taken too soon from her mother and has always had behavioural problems), and finally we found the one we wanted. We went there and when we saw Luce.. Well, it was love at first sight, so we took her. She was a 2 and half months sweethart
She loved us so much that the first thing she did as soon as our car left the breeding place was to pee and poo over me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And then her reign of fear started :angryfire: She almost destroyed our house. Now I know that we should have learnt more about Beagles first to take her, but we always loved her. The funny thing is that she learnt almost immediately some orders (e.g.: sit, stop, follow), and we always left her unleashed. But it took 1 year to teach her where to pee and poo.. Well, I don't really mind that now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But she continued being destructive while we were at work, so we decided to give her a sister (Dream is pretty much isolated, she doesn't like playing with other dogs). And then Milla arrived.. We took her in the same Beagle breeding. I don't know what happened there, but she was so underfed that I immediatly wanted to take her away from that place. So we took her home. And informed the police against the owner, but here nobody cares of animal mistreatment, and it's so sad.
When Milla arrived home she was so scared.. It took over a month to make her gain weight.
And still she fears men. When my dad and my brother came home for Christmas she kept running trying to find an escape, and she was so afraid that she even pooed while running.. It broke my heart (it was the first time she saw my relatives). I spent the day cuddling her and trying to make her feel safe. Now it's better, she decided she likes my brother and she isn't anymore afraid of my dad. She won't let him get close to her though. But she's more serene now, and she's the sweetest of our babies. While Luce isn't really the cuddle type, she loves to hug us and lick us /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
And I think Luce is really helping Milla, she's so protective and sweet to her. It's kinda like she was her mother..
They're amazing, really /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Luce when she was a puppy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to say a thing: the previous owner of Milla (the breeder) wanted her to partecipate to dog competition, and this is why she was underfed. We took her when she was 4 months old, and I had to threaten the man to have her.. And now, while I'm writing she's slowly falling from my chair :biglaugh:
And Milla when she was a puppy

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome, Valentina and your gang! What gorgeous beagles and I am so glad that they both found your family -- they sound like they had gone through quite enough in their young lives. My Maggie is now almost 12 -- I adopted her when she was about 1 year old. She was a "street dog" for an unknown amount of time. Rescues are very special parts of our lives. We are all looking forward to more pics and stories!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Boeing and I send a warm welcome to you and your beautiful babies!!! :wave: Looking forward to hearing more from you. Ciao!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to thank everyone for the welcome! I talked to Luce and Milla about this forum and they looked enthusiastic! They adore Beagles, and they seem to me more friendly with Beagle owners than with other people :biglaugh:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

Your babies are beautiful!!!

Just to let you know that your English is just fine!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

You english is better than my italian, so do not worry about it. Luce & Milla are two pretty girls.

My family is also from Italy, Montella to be exact.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Oh, Montella is not too distant from Rome, I went there when I was a child, with my parents, it's beautiful! I'm planning to visit the natural park there with the babies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif They will love it!
I read about Murphy, and really hope he recovers soon, he looks so sweet :heart:
And, about sweetness, my favourite pic of Milla and Luce sleeping together (on our bed, obviously)

Aren't they lovely?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Benvenuto!!! You're babies are so cute and those stories are very reminiscent of beagle behavior. Love that last picture of them sleeping together!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh Valentina!

That picture of them sleeping is perfectly adorable! I think that Luce will be the best medicine for Milla...besides your love and understanding.

Your English is fine!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome! Your English is excellent, and your babies are beautiful. I love the sleeping picture.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! I had many dogs: a Cocker, a German shepherd, a poodle, a Zwergpinscher and then two beagles (possibly three next year if I manage to convince my husband /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ), but I don't think it's possible to describe how much I love these two little angels. And it's not only me: most of the people they meet fall immediately in love with them. If I look in their eyes I can see clearly their love for us, and it's the best thing in the world. And they make me laugh a lot /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif And they are so sweet! Before Christmas I had a bad period, and everytime I cried Milla started howling for me.. She's the sweetest, while Luce is the playful one, and keeps doing stupid things all day /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Once, when she was 7 or 8 months old, it happened an amusing thing: we lived in a flat at the 8 floor of a building, and to exit the building we had to go beyond a huge window-like door. Luce was toddling toward the park and suddenly she knocked against the door because she hadn't seen it.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And then she assumed a hazy air, and looked at us trying to understand if we saw her hit the door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif We burst out laughing.. She's amazing! And it's wonderful seeing them play together! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to beagle world :wave: What lovely stories, you can tell how much you and your husband love your little babies :heart:
Your english is great by the way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Lisa Wellington and Bear

·
Registered
702 Posts
A big welcome :angel: . You and your husband must be passionate animal lovers.

Hope you enjoy being with us. We are all passionate about our Beagle babies, too. They bring us such joy and love. :heart:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts