Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got my first Beagle Buddy 4 days ago. He is 8 weeks old.

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/mark52479/Buddy/

He is a very curious little Beagle that wants to get into everything. He sleeps a lot. He will play for an hour and then sleep 2 hours. He has a crate in the kitchen he sleeps in with the door open and one in the bedroom he sleeps in with the door open.

The last 2 nights he has slept straight through the night without having to go to the bathroom. I was pretty surprised at that because he is so young. I take his water away about 2 hours before bedtime so I guess thats why he doesnt have to go at night.

He has learned how to sit already and we are working on the others. My VET doesnt want him outside for more than 3 minutes at a time because he hasnt had all his shots yet so I am waiting on that for another month.

The only minor problems i have is that he eats his stools and he is not good with the leash yet. Everytime i put it on him he just wants to chew it.

I have been reading these forums for the past 3 months before i got Buddy and you all are very helpful.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Ahhh... the stories from puppyhood. It sounds like you are doing fine with him already. The rest, time and training will fix.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OMG, he's perfect!!!

to the boards
This place is great and you'll learn a lot here.
About eating his stool, try adding a little pineapple (fresh) to his kibble, that would give it a horrible smell and taste, so that he won't do it. After a few times, he will stop.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Buddy is just precious and it sounds like you have really done your homework which is probably why Buddy has adjusted so well. Looking forward to lots more pics & stories!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the welcome.

I will try some pineapple for his stool eating and today we started working with the leash more. He will get it eventually.

It amazes me how all of a sudden they can be a ball of energy and then crash so easily and go to sleep for an hour.

I wish i can do that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts