Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Bocephus
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first-time beagle/lab mix ? mom. My Bo is 6months old and NOTHING like any other puppy I've had - and not in a good way...lol He was really quick to housebreak using a bell on the doors and sleeps well in his crate at night but he is into everything! We have 2 other dogs for him to play with, take him for a walk at least once or twice a day and throw balls, frisbees and such and he still won't lay down and relax unless he's gated in the kitchen alone- it's almost like he has ADHD!
I've gained a lot of insight from Beagle World already but any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...we love the little dude but he's driving everyone in the house crazy馃お

Registered
Welcome and love love the picture! Bo is so handsome.. they generally have ADHD until about 3yrs of age..once you come to grips with that understanding you can start counting the days...ive had my purebred from 8 weeks old and I had days thinking ..WHAT DID I DO!! Ohmmmm.... cassie is now 8.10 years..whoohoo. been through the worst part...lol. she's turned into a chill dog that is very sweet. And her hearing has improved...aka..acting deaf. Sign up for a good obedience class..its very helpful. I was lucky to find a sheriff k9 group that offered classes. It is as much for the you as it is for the dog.
Im a huge believer in using a clicker which you can get at a petstore..its a cheap training tool..watch YouTube videos on how to use one.
Definitely keep the dog in a restricted area and as behavior improves allow more access for brief periods. Anyway we're here to help...
Cassie says Hi

Registered
I was going to suggest training too - for fun, but also to work that mischievous mind and help get him tired out (and perhaps learn to relax a bit).

Bo is gorgeous! How old are the other two?

Registered
He's cute! Could be a mix of both breeds. Labs are high energy pups as well. I agree with the others. Training will help. Welcome!

Registered
I'm a first-time beagle/lab mix ? mom. My Bo is 6months old and NOTHING like any other puppy I've had - and not in a good way...lol He was really quick to housebreak using a bell on the doors and sleeps well in his crate at night but he is into everything! We have 2 other dogs for him to play with, take him for a walk at least once or twice a day and throw balls, frisbees and such and he still won't lay down and relax unless he's gated in the kitchen alone- it's almost like he has ADHD!
I've gained a lot of insight from Beagle World already but any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...we love the little dude but he's driving everyone in the house crazy馃お View attachment 41948
Hello! Welcome!
Bo is gorgeous 馃槏 What a sweetheart!
I understand what you mean about hyperactive Beagles... My pup Belle is 2 years old now, but when she was 6 months old she was an absolute terror. She would destroy everything, and literally bounce off the walls. And then suddenly she calmed down around the 1 and a half mark. She is an angel now, and I think it is normal for Beagles to be like that. I agree with the others that some training would definitely help. It helped Belle too when she was younger.
Oh, and chew toys are a must. I had to say bye bye to my shoes, clothes, even books because Belle took a fancy to them haha.
Good luck on your wonderful journey. 馃挅
- Zoe (The Hooman) and Belle (The Boss)
IMG_20201031_102528.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts