Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m jackson and I’ve recently brought home a 10 week old beagle who is now 15 weeks. His name is Jasper and he is a really good sleeper who crate trained himself (so lucky) and is one lesson off completing puppy school! I do however have a question, Jasper was really good at being toilet trained early on, he would only ever go when we took him outside but recently he has been peeing in the house quite a bit, would this be him marking his territory and a sign that he needs to get neutered? It’s a pleasure to meet you all, from Perth, Western Australia!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wouldn't think it's marking at such a young age. Our current puppy went through a little regression in housetraining. I would say just start over again to reinforce potty outside.

And welcome :)

Reactions: Jackson and Jasper

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Welcome
I survived puppyhood. Despite my complete attention to potty training it took a good 10 months for my dog to be reliable in the house with an occasional accident. Dont believe the...i can train your dog in 6 days... nope. Beagles seem a little slow on this factor. Keep at it though. Restrict the area where your dog can freely play in the house or you will have pee and poop and chew destruction.
Your dog will also go through a biting/nipping stage so read up on how to curb it or search this forum using key words to find great past advice posts.
Your dog is adorable.
Cassie says Hi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts