Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hey All pleased to meet you. My name is Adam and my wife is Diane. Beagles names are Bailey & Whizzer.

We moved from Massachusetts to Texas in Aug.2005
I never had a dog when I was growing up so I knew when We got our own place that was top on my list.

We stayed with my sister and brother inlaw for 6 months and before we made it through 3 We found Bailey.

We were heading to Wal-Mart to do some shopping and a woman had 2 beagles left that she was selling a male and a female @ first I wanted the male but my wife liked the Female and she was more personable.( If we already had our own place I probably would have left with both of them.)That was how we ended up with Bailey @14 weeks old. Bailey spent the next 3.5 months with us at my inlaws. My inlaws have a Jack Russell that bailey spent alot of time with and 2.5 acres so need less to say she is a very fast beagle and has no problem jumpping a 3ft. gate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif After we finally got our own home Bailey had to down size to a much smaller fenced in back yard. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif With wild rabbits on the other side of it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

After a couple months we notice that Bailey was really starting to seem loney and down.So we decided we needed to find bailey a friend.My wife wanted a "Lap Dog" so after about a week I found a 14 week old Male Beagle. :hi: By the way he does think he is a lap dog. We took Bailey with us to go see him. The minute they met they had no problems getting along. We couldnt get over how much they look alike. We took him on the way home he wet in the truck and kept trying to mount Bailey @14weeks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif my 9 year old son wanted to name him humper I thought whizzer would be more politicly correct.That night we had thte puppy sleep in bed with us as we always have bailey there, Forgetting he was just a pup and he wet 1/2 the bed even bailey wouldnt sleep on it, so whizzers name stuck.

Now Bailey will be 2yr. this month Whizzer wil be 2yrs. around christmas they are both around 30-35lbs. full blooded with no papers no need.whizzer is just a little taller than Bailey but she is still the boss.Every now and agin Baily will get out the front door and bolt she will not come to us untill she is tired from chaseing teh rabbits,Whizzer has always been in a small yard and will come right back to us if he gets out.

About 9 months ago Bailey got pregnant from whizzer (a.k.a hummper) she pretty much stopped eating, she miss carried had a uterine infection,lost about 15lbs. we almost lost her.We didnt want to take a chance with it again and wanted to get her fixed,but money got hard and were unable,sooooooo Bailey is pregnant againwe are paying cloe attention to her she hadent been eating much so I started feeding her a bowl of benifulls (spelling?) mixed with about 3 handfulls puppy chow 2 times a day and she has been eating that.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif
Well its getting late so I will end there for now and leave a few pictures from the past and try to post some new ones soon.

Adam

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Please keep a close eye on Bailey. As you know there is more than one life at stake. Hopefully all goes well. Keep us up on her progress.

Again welcome.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: What an adorabole couple they make. I'd love to see a beagle pup but I guess I will have to vicariously enjoy Bailey's broods as I have the other litters we've follow on Beagle World. Do hope Biley has an easy pregancy! Welcome to Beagle World

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you all!

Bailey and Whizzer are beautiful! The picture of them sleeping on the sofa (in identical positions) is a familiar sight up here.

I hope Bailey does well with the puppies. Please find them good homes. Really good homes.

~Denise

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to BW and hope everything turns out fine for "MOMMY"! :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Welcome to you all!

Bailey and Whizzer are beautiful! The picture of them sleeping on the sofa (in identical positions) is a familiar sight up here.

I hope Bailey does well with the puppies. Please find them good homes. Really good homes.

~Denise
I call that photo my double mint beagles.As for finding good homes that is a sure thing. I can already tell that I am goingto hae a hard time letting them go.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW and thank you so much for posting all the pics! Bailey and Whizzer are a great couple. How does the vet think Bailey will handle this pregnancy? Any idea when she is due?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Hi Adam!
Welcome to Beagle World! Your beagles are gorgeous!

I know there are low-cost spay/neuter programs all over the country. Maybe look into one of those for after these pups are born? I'm sure whatever amount you have to pay would be well worth having a safe and healthy beagle.

Until then it seems to be that she needs to be followed closely by a vet.

Good luck Bailey!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We figure bailey to be due around the first week of September. Bailey hasnt been to the vet yet.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Adam, Your beags are beautiful! Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures of them. Loved that action shot of them running.
I understand how it is when money is tight; moving across the country, all the expenses of getting set up in a new home, etc. But please try to find the cash to take your babes to a vet. Bailey especially needs to be seen by a vet, I think, given her age and that she's already had one miscarriage. I'm sure the vet would be willing to work out some sort of payment arrangement. Maybe you can get Whizzer neutered now, and then have Bailey spayed after she recovers from this pregnancy.
Beneful is good food. That's what I've fed my Shiloh for several years (until my vet put her on Fit and Trim at her last visit :eyes: ) And I'm sure the addition of Puppy Chow isn't a bad idea either. As Joe (Murphy's Dad) said, there is more than one life at stake here. Good luck to you all, and please let us know what happens with your beautiful little beagle family.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
Hi Adam, Your beags are beautiful! Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures of them. Loved that action shot of them running.
I understand how it is when money is tight; moving across the country, all the expenses of getting set up in a new home, etc. But please try to find the cash to take your babes to a vet. Bailey especially needs to be seen by a vet, I think, given her age and that she's already had one miscarriage. I'm sure the vet would be willing to work out some sort of payment arrangement. Maybe you can get Whizzer neutered now, and then have Bailey spayed after she recovers from this pregnancy.
Beneful is good food. That's what I've fed my Shiloh for several years (until my vet put her on Fit and Trim at her last visit :eyes: ) And I'm sure the addition of Puppy Chow isn't a bad idea either. As Joe (Murphy's Dad) said, there is more than one life at stake here. Good luck to you all, and please let us know what happens with your beautiful little beagle family.
Beleave me it kills me that I have been unable to aford the vet. I tried to get one of those pet credit cards when bailey got sick and no one could help. My credit has gone to hell. Dont get me wrong they have a vet that I bring them to. They are over due for a visit.When Bailey was sick I still had to pay infull when she went to the vet.

I think I may try here http://www.snapus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Houston_Wellness_Clinic

or the montgomery spca and have them micro chipped at the same time.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Wonderful photos of two beautiful beagles. Welcome to BW. Good luck with the coming litter, you are in for a lot of work and hardship. I am sure there are organisations who help with these things. Neutering is cheaper in the long run. Rearing pups is not cheap. Please get your vet to check all is well. Have you any experience with litters? You will need a large box for her to have her pups in. Also, incase she cant cope, a puppy feeding bottle and puppy milk, incase Bailey cant, or wont, feed them all.
Please plan to get them all good homes but first you have to make sure Bailey can cope with giving birth, so please take her to a vet. Good luck with all this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts