Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , I'm the new guy now.Just checking in & saying HIGH!!!! Want to say I'm a big beagle lover , I have 12 of them, tri color & bluetick. I also am a **** hunter & have the long legged beagles to,LOL aka Walkers. Want to say , I browse alot just to see what people have say & get interesting imfo. Hope to be talking to everybody soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! :wave: Twelve beagles, and Walkers, too! I'm guessing you live in the country. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome to you! Pictures soon please /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Speaking of long legs, can someone tell me how to measure their height? I mean exactly please /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I've been told to go to the withers or something like that but if I knew what that meant I could do it, ahahahah. someone else told me the shoulder, but how high up on the shoulder do I go.

Lastly, when do the Beagles stop growing/getting taller?

·
Registered
794 Posts
wow, 12 Beagles?!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

my younger Beagle Polly has long legs, but that's the "who knows what" in my mixed breed rescue Beagle!
welcoming your Pack to our Pack! :wave:

·
Registered
702 Posts
What a pack you have!!! Do they all live outside?

Waiting to see pics of all of them, and their names, and ages.

My Daisy was possibly a hunter before we got her. She brought me 4 baby rabbits her first summer she was with us and was mighty pleased with herself. I was a bit sad because I'm pretty sure 2 of them died from being punctured by her teeth. But 2 were okay and I put them in my neighbor's yard where Daisy couldn't get them again.

Welcome to BW -- don't forget pictures!!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow, Beagles that get to be beagles, how cool. My Bagel is a rescue and we spend loads of time out exploring the desert. He can tell the difference between a cottontail (Rabbit) and a Jackrabbit (Hare) and knows he can persue a rabbit to its warren but the anchor (I keep him on long lead) would allow pursuit of the hare. I wish I had time to have enough of a pack I could "release the hounds" let them hunt off-lead in a group! Walker hound's too! It must be loud when a critter strays too near their kennels. Can't wait to hear more about your gang. Welcome to Beagle World.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome to this site! It is a great place to share tales of pryor & current experiences with beags...& other breeds including other kinds of pets! :thumbup: Btw, what is your personal record for a beagle in age? Goober has broken our record & then some as the eldest one in our family never exeeded 13 yrs...until Goober was purchased as a puppy in 1992 & is now over 15 1/2 yrs old, but bespite being nearly blind & deaf...he still greets me with the "zoomies" when I come home from work! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some pictures hope you guys enjoy.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/remmi597/henry.jpg</a>" alt="" />

I could only post so many pictures at one time, but to let you know , I competition my hounds as well as hunt them & they are all grade a # 1 with me.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Remmie and welcome! :wave: I don't get to BW all that often anymore, thanks to a problem with my ISP (Cox) and accessing Beagle World. So I'm a bit late, but wanted to say Hi and how much I enjoyed the pictures you've posted. Your beags are all beautiful, and the blue tick is just gorgeous!! The shots of them having treed something and baying are just wonderful, as is the shot of one of your pack in the water! Now I'm gonna go check out the video you made. :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A belated welcome to BW!! Loved all the pictures and the chocolate and white puppy in the video stole my heart! Curious if the psychedelic colored collars have different meanings ...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Really enjoyed your pictures and video. Of course everybody loves a puppy, but yours are particularly good looking. While I like almost every dog, I am partial to hounds. There is just something about them that brings me great joy. You have some super examples! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey all, thanks for all the replys. The vidieo is something I just threw together, thought everyone might like it. My guys stay outside , but I'm with them all the time , they certainly mean alot to me. I've had beagles the biggest part of my life & I surely do love them. The big guys, I coonhunt with them & they also are gentle giants until they get the **** & I love them dearly to. I even have a vdieo of them to that I will post here also & hope you guys enjoy it also.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/remmi597/?action=view&current=Kennels2-1.flv

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes maam they are tracking collars, because I live in the mts. & we hunt at night , if they get over a ridge & go out of hearing then I have away to find them.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you Remmi!

Your dogs are all beautiful! All of them.

We live in Roanoke...Covington is beautiful! We pass through there every year to go to a conference at the Homestead. That part of the world is spectacular!

~Denise

1 - 20 of 29 Posts