Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I come home today after a hard Monday to find sweet little Max laid out on the front porch exhausted. First, I was thankful he was on the front porch but couldn't figure out HOW he got out of the house. So, now instead of just being a naughty boy he is also an escape artist as well. I guess he was trying to protect my yard from WHOEVER destroyed my trash all over the drive and yard. I am certain he didn't, couldn't, wouldn't have done such a thing. Wonder why he was so tired???? I'm going to have to triple lock him in the house. So, being a beagle owner....I'm not sure I have the energy or the smarts to keep up with this little booger.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker isn't an excape artist, but when I was little, our family dog was. She could unlatch gates, climb fences, dig, whatever it took to get out of the yard. Fortunately all she ever wanted to do was sit on the front porch.
I would do a good search to see where he is getting out, then look again.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh my goodness! That is just scary!

Can you set up a video cam to catch him in the act when you are gone? I have often wanted to do that just to see what they do while we are gone

·
Registered
106 Posts
maybe after the trash got destroyed by someone/thing else, Max went and ate something he shouldn't have which has made him sick and therefore so exhausted? Keep an eye on him to ensure he doesn't get worse...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to try things different today. I will put him in the crate in the living room area. All windows are shut and locked. Patio door shut and locked. Garage shut and locked. Then set up the video so I can watch monster boy in action. haha I did, of course, look through what garbage I was picking up yesterday. Mostly it was paper, cereal, banana, left over chinese, and more paper. I think he was so tired because he did alot of work and at his age and his weight it was exhausting work. I did not think about him getting into something forbidden but I will definitely watch him. Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
He's crated and getting out of the house?? That's going to be fun. I really can't think of any thing if you are locking all possible avenues out of the house. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts