Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was cleaning out my camera the other day and forgot that I quietly grabbed it when I saw something I had never seen these two do before. I should also mention that it hasn't happened since.

It looks like Rhett was getting a bit hungry in the last picture =]

The rest of the Rhett and Scarlett picture library can always be found here http://photobucket.com/albums/l126/kodi08

G

·
Now I'm a person who realy appriciated that loveing pict of the two:)

Thank you for sharing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

P.S May I ask; why has this not happened again? them being together cozy you mean?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mattie is an older cat and I got Rhett as a 12 week old about a year and a half ago. Rhett is a pretty hyper dog and loves to chase, Mattie doesn't. I think Mattie is also a bit jealous of the situation as he used to be a lap cat. Added to all of this Mattie does not have any front claws so he really can't put Rhett in his place and if he bats Rhett then Rhett thinks he is playing and gets even more playful.

My other cat is even in a worse position and plays the role of a ham to Rhett. Many of times I walk around the corner to see Rhett with his entire mouth around Kodi's body. He never puts any pressure down just likes to play.

Rhett is also teaching Scarlett (my 8 month old) the chasing game.

I will say this though. Mattie will stand his ground. I have also provided Mattie and Kodi with a sanctuary both inside and outside free of the dogs when they just don't want to bother.

G

·
thank you for explaining.

Well I think all things are possible, this My 14 year old cat and new Beagle has shown me.

who knows they may SURPRISE YOU AGAIN:)

thank you again for explaining.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing once Rhett (and Scarlett) get past the ultra puppy phase it may change. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Sox is our 14 year old cat who doesn't like the dogs either. It's just been recently that Sox and Caesar can sleep on the couch together without a battle. Good luck, I hope you get to see more like those pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts