Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that my poor Henry has to go for surgey on his eye on Tuesday. The vet will be removing his cheery eye. As if the big move from Canada to N.Y was not enough for my poor little man. Now he has to go and get this done and stay over night. My poor Rusty is going to be lost with out his brother. No to mention I'm a total train reck over this whole thing. I know the vet keeps telling me everything will be fine but he's still my special beagle. He's never been away from me since he's been here. Wish us happy beagle thoughts and we will let everyone know how it goes! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, poor Henry! By "removing his cheery eye" do you mean they are takin the entire eye out, or is there something I missed?

Many happy beagle thoughts headed your way for Henry and Rusty (and Lorie, too!). Hope all goes well with his surgery. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We will pray for him (and for you..i would be a wreck without my little guy too...even for just one night).....

Give him a tummy rub from us.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
No, Cherry is a problem that can usually be corrected with meds, but sometimes surgery is needed. Henry should have two eyes when this is over.

Rubs from us!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Cherry eye is were the gland of the third eyelid becomes prolapsed. the surgery involves either re-positioning of the gland or removal.

Sending best wishes and tummy rubs from over here x

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Henry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif We have had other BW members whose pups have had this surgery with perfect outcomes. You know you have to give us lots of updates on surgery day and we'll be here to support you through it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Where was I when all this happened!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif

Chloe and I are sending Henry the best of the bestest wishes!!! Plenty beagle kisses and a quick recovery!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Poor Henry and poor you. I know exactly how you feel, but try to be strong for him. We'll be thinking of you and your beagly baby. Hugs and kisses from Caesar!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awwwwwwww! You guys are all so awesome! Thanks for all your love and good thoughts. It means so much to me and my Henry. I'm sure he will be ok. He's in really good hands with my vet.But the thought of him under going surgey is sitting a little uneasy with this beagle mom. Thanks again! I'll keep everyone updated!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: rusty2542He's in really good hands with my vet.But the thought of him under going surgey is sitting a little uneasy with this beagle mom.
I know we all know exactly what you mean - it doesn't matter how many times they have surgery or how routine it is, either, that uneasy feeling is always there.

Sending all our best thoughts to Henry for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery - and to all of you for a painless move!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts