Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Dad and I were hanging some pictures and doing some work around the house. Henry's not really seen this before, so boy was he interested! Whenever tools were left unattended, they were promptly stolen and examined! Once he took the hammer and quickly dropped it, surprised at its weight. He stole a small level next, then brought it back to Dad with a silly little grin on his face. What 'jobs' do your beagles do around the house?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe mostly breaks things and I fix them.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

No, really. She loved examining tools too, it's funny watching them, ha?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby's official job is spot warmer and big mean ferocious guard beagle...come near me and I'll lick you to death! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif. She also protects us from the vacuum /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke used to clean the cat box, then we learned to put it up on a cart so only Phoebe can get to it. Ha!

Though he does seem to clean our closet whenver we're silly enough to leave the doors open. He somehow feels that our dirty clothes and shoes should be in the middle of the family room instead. This can cause a great deal of humiliation when company is visiting and he decides to relocate my bras.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Our furkids do like to help. Our Spook isn't a beagle, but here he is after helping dad paint. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hahaha at Spook

Rosa likes to help her mamma do the cooking. She sits at my feet waiting to clean up any bits I drop. She's also a seat warmer, bed warmer if i let her, and foot warmer.

Sherry is the gardener, she likes to dig up the weeds for her mamma, she also likes to make sure the doggie door is in full working order by going in and out of it many times.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They take their jobs seriously, don't they?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock defended us tonight from a big, scary cockroach. As long as he doesn't eat it, he can do whatever he wants to it, just kill it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif

·
Registered
158 Posts
Spook's a sweetie!

Like Sherry, Beaglina mostly likes helping in the garden:
I use the rake - she 'helps' by pulling it in the opposite direction
I weed - she digs
I dig - she sits on the spade

·
Registered
300 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif These are all really cute! Henry is the big protector. He's on gard 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. He must always scare the mail man. Rusty steels blankets and hides them under the bed. Both of them together try to help me sweep moop and vacume!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Boeing's main job is to beat the ants to any food scraps on the floor. He always wins /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh this looks like fun.

Sam's job: BLANKET HOLDER (like a paperweight, but with our comforter. There is no chance that the people will have any covers by morning) MY PSYCHIATRIST (he alerts me when my moods are changing before I even notice. I have a mood disorder so this is actually helpful) GUARDS US AGAINST THE MAILMAN

Maya's job: CLOTHING CRITIC & DESIGNER: (suffice it to say that I will never have to buy any crotchless panties or air conditioned bras) ALERT SYSTEM (for any reason she wants!) MOMMA (she creates beautiful baby beagles) ANIMAL FITNESS TRAINER (she motivates the others to keep moving. She runs and they all chase her round and round in circles. We call it Dogscar rather than Nascar. Come to think of it she keeps her people more fit also by having us chase her when she gets out of the house or yard.)

Tate's job: DESTUFFER (he can pull all the stuffing out of any toy, pillow etc.. faster than you can imagine.) LANDSCAPER (he thinks he can design the yard better than we can.) SOCIAL ORGANIZER (he keeps the play dates coming by digging tunnels into the neighbors' yards and inviting himself & Maya over.)

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Those are all cute job descriptions..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Maggie takes her job as bath inspector seriously! Anyone emerging from the shower MUST allow Maggie to dry their ankles and catch escaping droplets of water from above.

If I forget to crack open the bathroom door, She will bark outside the door until it's opened!

Once she's convinced her subject is dried completely, she then turns her attention to the top of the tub.....cleaning up the mess is HER responsibility. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts