Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henry and I are very lucky to live out in the country in a beautiful area. When I adopted him I hoped that I was gaining an active buddy, and his company on my hikes, jogs, and bike rides has brought me so much joy. Just the expression on his face says it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Henry is a very sweet guy. I've had him for a little over a year and those are his second set of saddlebags! He wears them out! He weighs about 38 pounds, and he's only carrying about 3 pounds. I'm saving up to buy him a really nice backpack that's super primo, with more straps and better weight distribution. I don't make him wear a pack everyday, just a few times a week. But he never acts like it's a strain; he runs with them on!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
He is a beautiful boy. Be careful about the back-packs, beagles have a tendency to get bad backs.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crazy Daisy: He does really well with the pack. I started him very slow, just giving him treats when he acted curious about it. Once he was totally comfortable with it just laying around, I gradually got him used to wearing it.
A doghouse: I've heard that about beagles and their backs...hmmm, hopefully his mix of beagle and shepherd will help him avoid those genetics. Luckily he's a very strong and active boy. Incidentally, he has had x-rays before (trying to diagnose a stomach problem shortly after I adopted him) and my vet checked out his back very closely, being aware of the that tendency in beagles. Got the all clear to keep up the backpack work! If he ever had problems I'd have to find him a new job; he has a very unique personality, laid back and sweet like a hound, but he can be very focused and loves to work like a shepherd might. It's neat.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That is really adorable!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts