Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a recent picture of my two Louisiana-rescue beagles, Henry (on the right) and Yodel. Aka Henry B. and Yosen Von Hossenfeffa!

I was glad to finally get a decent picture of them together.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Two very sharp looking boys!!! I'm sure that they are enjoying each other's company!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Very handsome boys!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Great pictures. I loved seeing Yodel. When I was a child we had a beagle/basset mix. More beagle than basset I think. His coloring was very similar to Yodel's. Whenever I see a beagle with similar markings it makes me think of Huckleberry Hound.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
OH yes!
I needed an update of Henry and Yodel. I'd been wondering how they were doing.....

Thanks Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.

Deb,
They are doing wonderfully. Yodel still gets crated when we leave, mainly because he is still rather mischevious and chews things that he shouldn't. He is currently nursing an injured paw-pad...talk about a tough area to heal up! But it's finally coming along. Henry is still my special little mommie's boy...still shy but doing much better. He has actually lost a little weight thanks to trying to keep up with Yodel. Lots of beagle-wrestling.

Eleanor,
That is not the anti-bark collar. It is the collar for the invisible fence. As much as I dislike it, they are used to it and it keeps Yodel from chasing deer into the woods. I keep the collars looser than I should at this point...it has a warning noise that is enough for them now.

Thanks Everybody...I think they are rather handsome myself!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jassy,

The rescuer said that Yodel is a beagle with bassett mixed in because of his coloring. He has big feet and lord knows he has that nose-to-the-ground thing when he smells something interesting. However I have friends who have daschsund with that same coloring. And the vet thinks he has doxie in him too.

I say beagle/bassett mix because bassett is alot easier to spell than daschsund is.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh Cool, does this invisible fence work? I don't really have a problem now, as I'm in an apartment, but was wondering...

In Israel it's very rare to see a house without a fence. When I first got here I was a little shocked about the way the front lawns are shared here... which is kind of nice, and surprisingly enough, seems to still keep the privacy....

Anyhow, I'm just blabbing

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Eleanor,

I come from the land of fences in Louisiana. Down there in the NO area, the houses are mainly on lots and all have some type of fencing. When we bought our house in VA, we were moving up with three dogs and I was a nervous wreck. I was sure that my dogs would all get lost in the woods.

Where we live, the houses are on acre-or-more lots and there are no fences. We live on a cul-de-sac on a mostly wooded 8 acre patch of land. Woods on three sides and we sit on a ridge that goes down to a hollow then up along another mountain. I was not used to that!
So you can understand how afraid I was of moving to the woods.

The invisible fence encompasses an acre, it actually goes through some woods, and training a dog to it is heartwrenching. I hate it. But...it keeps ours in...and considering that it keeps Yodel the nose in, it will work on almost anybody.

I would love to hear about Israel one day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts