Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henry appears to have a small 'goose egg' on his browbone. It is about half an inch in diameter and firm to the touch. It's gotten a bit larger since I first noticed it about an hour ago, but I've been pressing on it and trying to figure out what it is. There's no hair loss, no bleeding, just a small knot like swelling. Of course it's a holiday weekend, lol... Should I be concerned? From what I've read, it seems to be a hematoma at the site of some minor injury, and doesn't need medical attention. I'm still worried, though. He ran some errands with me yesterday and I'm wondering if he bonked his head somewhere...any advice/experience would be awesome. Thanks, guys!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
He could have bumped his head, I guess. If it doesn't seem to bother him, maybe this is something that can wait till Tuesday. Maybe by then it will have gone down--if it's a hematoma it probably will have. But if not, I think the vet needs to check it out, just to be on the safe side.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He probably did konk his head on something. I would keep a close eye on him -- make sure that there are no changes in behavior. If Henry will sit still long enough, you might try putting a warm compress on it (you can use a washcloth run under warm water and wrung out).

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. The swelling went down in a couple of hours and he's acting fine. Today there's no trace of it. When I got to thinking about it, I seem to remember him bonking his head on the underside of a desk at the Y where I work. Maybe he was rough housing with Jason, his 'workout' buddy. Henry's not exactly a klutz, but he does have his moments...we're watching him none the less, lol. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts