Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new puppy Blu, he is about 16 weeks, has a swollen lymphnode. I noticed it Saturday night, and it was about the size of maybe, 2-3 grapes together. Now, it appears to be the shape of a small peach. I have no emergency vets in my area. Not sure what to think or do? Does anyone have any advice? Anything over the counter that may help? He has a raspy bark, and isn't eating and drinking like he normally would.

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I never experienced this but my thoughts are take him to the vet first thing in the morning (Monday).
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
So, how did you make out at the vet?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, update: Vet took samples from his lymphnode, not sure if it's the lymphnode or salivary gland. However, his hunch tells him it's just bacterial, but then again, what concerns him, is that he isn't coughing, sneezing, or showing any other signs of a bacterial infection. So, in a day or so, I should find out the results of what it is, and possibly, where is came from. He is on 2 weeks of antibiotics every 12 hours. Thanks guys for your support! Just cross our fingers it's not lymphoma, only because his mother has health issues and he has vestibular disease as well.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hope Blu gets feeling better. It sounds like Nubi is a handful right now too based on the other post.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hugs, prayers and positive vibes for some good news on Blu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts