Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we first got Monty we would put him in his own room while we were gone out, and he would pee on the floor. He doesn't do it anymore, except for the odd accident. But, the "Monty Room" still smells really bad, and no matter how many times i clean it, it still smells! I'm going to clean the walls this weekend and hope that helps, but does anyone have any suggestions on getting the dog smell out?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Do you have carpet in the room as this could be the problem.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You might want to try spraying Natures Miracle stain and odor remover. If the room is carpeted you could steam clean it too. But don't use the Bissel Pet Stain & Odor remover. I think it actually made Caesar pee on the floor, like he had to re-mark his territory. Never before had he peed 3 times in two minutes on the floor. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I use Nature's Miracle also. I spray and pat the area several times, then steam clean; good luck.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I recommend Petzyme for dog and cat smells/stains!

If you have a steam cleaner you can mix it in with your steam cleaning fluid. If you don't have one Rug Doctor ( http://www.rugdoctor.com ) is all over and rents them.

If you don't want to rent clean the stain as best you can then use the Petzyme to saturate the stain and let it dry. We were both really amazed at how well it worked on the dog and cat smells.

·
Registered
439 Posts
beaglebabe.

your right on the money with this one. this is the best way to do it too. pee soaks in the carpet rather quickly. the only way to get rid of it is either replace carpet and pad, or do whe rug doctor method. over the yrs, ive found that the spot treatment method has not worked so good for me. :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Yep...you can put all the cleaner you can find on it but if you don't get the urine out of the carpet it's going to smell and smell and smell. The sooner you can get it out the better.

We're actually considering taking the carpet out of the bedroom and replacing it with hardwoods just because of cat and dog odor...it's one of their favorite rooms to hang out it because it's one of my favorite rooms to hang out it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to try this on the carpet in the basement where both Monty and the kitty, Milo, have had some accidents. In Monty's room, however, it's hardwood floors. I've cleaned the floors with different cleaners, and bleach, but the smell still seems to linger in the air. Hopefully once I clean the walls this weekend and open the windows to air it out it'll get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.