Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molly just ate a piece of her toy. It was around 2 long and it was all fabric, coming from a stuffed animal (KONG BraidZ Giraffe Dog Toys, middle size, the arm/hand without stuffing in). My husband said it will probably not pass threw and broght the Hydrogen Peroxide down, and started to google. Then he told me he isn't sure and it is up to me if we want to make her vomit. Molly is fine, she is chewing on her neo bone and act like nothing happened. We tried to get it out of her mouth on time, but she ran and on the run she swollowed it. Should we give her the stuff to make her throw up?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Darn beagles make ya crazy don't they! Our guys have destuffed so many things its ridiculous! No more plush dog toys in this house! I can't tell you how many times they have passed stuffing (from toys, blankets, pillows) and strings from their rope toys.

I am glad that it came up without any problems

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No kidding... I went nuts not knowing what to do.... we took all the stuffing of every single stuffed animal, because she just ripped everything open and pulled it out, thats why she ate that arm of the thing without stuffing. She is sleeping since she throw up 4 times. Wish I could have stopped her, but she is to fast!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
OMG....my Molly eats stuff all the time. She generally either throws it up or poos it out! I try to get things away from her but she is fast!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Daisy and Rocky don't generally eat their toys on purpose, but I know they sometimes swallow stuffing because I will sometimes find it in their poo.

I'm glad all is well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think we just paniced in the act, since we have a dog in the family that had surgery after eating to many toys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the Hydrogen Peroxide really works though...I had a jack russell that ate a deflated balloon (seriously) after a birthday party that was probably pretty close to as long as him. we were actually told to use the hydrogen peroxide by our vet and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my Australian blue cattle use to eat balloons after parties all the time, her stool was very colourful the next day, but she never had any issues, although they were normal sized balloons. they have to be one of the toughest breeds...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts