Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am I to understand this is how you read one of theese?
Gerogia's farther is listed on the top (<span style="color: #3333FF">blue</span>) Georgia is in the middsl in the <span style="font-weight: bold">bold</span> & than Georgia's mother on the bottom? (<span style="color: #FF0000">red</span>)
who are all of the other dogs listed? brother & sisters ? or grand parents

-------------------------------------------CH Skyline's Make A Wish
----------------------------------CH Wishing Well's Worth Waiting For
-------------------------------------------CH Wishing Well L'Il Red Chevette
--------------------------<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">CH Wishing Well's Redd-E-For Action</span></span>
-------------------------------------------CH Skyline's Eat Your Heart Out
----------------------------------Wishing Well's Pretty Woman
-------------------------------------------CH Hewly Eastern
-----<span style="font-weight: bold">CH Chrisette Maplewood On My Mind</span>
-------------------------------------------CH Chrisette's Task Force
----------------------------------CH Chrisettecome Blow Your Horn
-------------------------------------------Lo-Del's Chrisette Lil Tease
--------------------------<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Eagle Ridge Chrisette's Hanah</span></span>
-------------------------------------------CH Eagle Ridge Chrisette Merlin
----------------------------------CH Eagle Ridge Annie Oakley
-------------------------------------------Cedar Ridge Sunset Dynamite

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I don't know how to read those. It just looks confusing to me.

When I gave Daisy her AKC name I used her Mother and Father's names plus her own. Her Mother was Dandilion (Dandi) and her Father was Bingo Jo, so Daisy is Jo's Dandi little Daisy.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sorry cant help, our first beagle, Bilbo, had a long pedigree. Her official name was Walda von Lehnerhaus. For us she was just Bilbo.

·
Registered
443 Posts
All the names above Georgia's name = sire, grandsire and grandam on sire's side, great grandsire and great granddam on sire's side

Below Georgia's name = dam, grand sire & grand dam on dam's side and so on.....

Both of the Beaglebratz have pedigrees - Shiloh is Ringo's Little Boy Shiloh and Shasta is Tess's Sparkling Shasta but to me, they are Shiloh & Shasta to me and that's it. But yeah, it is nice to understand what you are reading - the CH stands for champion - what they earn in showing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o.k. so what would gerogia puppie pedgrees look like?

can you make one up of like great & grand -parents than the dog you own which would be Georgia & than any of her puppies & If you wanted her grand puppies is there anything like that?

that is what I want to put into her scrap book thaks for helping me understand

·
Registered
443 Posts
As far as what her puppie's pedigrees would look like - that would partly depend on the sire of the litters. Half of their pedigree would include Georgia's sire, dam, gransire & grand dam on both sire/dam sides and then the sire and his breeding of litter. It is confusing - have you checked out the AKC.org website - you can also contact them for additional help.

I am at work rite now so the time I can spend here is limited during the day - that's why I suggested you contact AKC. But what you are talking about is what I want to do altho I would stop with the Beaglebratz's pedigrees since neither were ever bred. Oh - and you might also contact Georgia's breeder - she/he might be of some help too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally Posted By: Quinn&GraysonI will never understand why people give their dogs such bizarre names....
They aren't the dogs call names - they are their pedigree names which are always going to be different.

Many breeders have themes for their litters such as the A litter or the car litter etc and they name all the pups pedigrees within that theme. For example - Daisy's litter was the B litter so all the pups pedigree names had to start with B.

So Daisy is Semeru Bellis (Semeru being the breeder's prefix/kennel name). Bellis means Daisy in latin.

The pedigree name is what is used when you compete in dog shows, breed or compete in other dog sports. If the dog gets it's title, the title is added to the dog's pedigree name.

So if the dog gets it's Champion show title the pedigree would become

Ch Semeru Bellis

If Daisy gets her CCD title in obedience, the pedigree becomes

Ch Semeru Bellis CCD

Show titles are added at the start of the dog's name and other titles like obedience/tracking/agility titles are added to the end.

The pedigree names get creative for several reasons, if it is a show dog they want the dog to stand out, the pedigree name usually matches up with a theme that the litter had, and you only have a set number of letters (in Australia it's 25) to use. You also can't use a pedigree name that's been used before, so if the breeder has had a few litters, they always have to make sure the pups have different pedigree names.

Quote:
o.k. so what would gerogia puppie pedgrees look like?

can you make one up of like great & grand -parents than the dog you own which would be Georgia & than any of her puppies & If you wanted her grand puppies is there anything like that?
Technically, you can't make up your own pedigree. You need to be a AKC registered breeder and both the sire and bitch need to have main register pedigree papers. You then as a breeder register the litter with the AKC and they send you the puppies pedigree papers, so they design them for you.

If Georgia were to have puppies, the pups pedigree would have the pups names, then Georgia's pedigree, then the sires pedigree, their parents and their grandparents.

Here we have a five generation pedigree, the US might be different though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts