Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dogs are fine. they're on medication. fleas aren't bothering them at all. the vet even combed them and didnt find a single flea.
the fleas are EATING ME ALIVE. how do i get rid of them? i never had this problem before. the only carpet in my house is the stairs, which i never use. i dont even use the upstairs rooms. the entire rest of the house is wood floors, linoleum in the kitchen and laundry, and tile in the bathroom. have any of you dealt with this? what did you do that actually worked? i need help before my legs bleed out.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have not dealt with them - my sympathies - but I know there is anti-flea spray that I presume (?) is animal safe you could spray. I've also heard of people sprinkling diacotemous earth - though, I believe there are a few kinds, so you'd want to sure it was pet safe.

I hope you can get them under control fast! Yikes!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Yike...
Take a shower/hair and use an antiseptic soap if you have it.
Wash your bedding and towels.
Maybe even toss out the dog bed and get a new one. Yes as Neb said sprinkle Diatomaceous earth (FOOD GRADE ONLY) powder which will kill them. Dont use the DE that is used to clean pools. The food grade is safe for you and pets. Sprinkle on the carpet and wait so it works then vacuum it up. Fleas lay eggs so you may have to repeat the process.
Carefull with scratching so you dont infect the bites. My husband once stayed in a camp and got bites then got cellulitis from scratching.
Call a petstore and see if the have the DE or some place like Home Depot. I purchased a large quantity to use in the yard.
Good luck

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Yikes, I hate fleas, I feel bad for you. Cassie summed it up pretty well. Flea eggs can last a really long time and can be in bedding, throw rugs etc. You can use the foggers but you will need to get everyone out of the house.https://www.petsmart.com/dog/flea-and-tick/advantage-household-fogger---3-pack-18809.html?cgid=100408. Could be in your yard too, might want to spray that too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any update?
i got some spray from chewy, but i haven't used it yet because no one wants to take the dogs while i do it. my son is taking them this saturday, so that's the day. i am also doing the back yard same day. in the mean time, i am spraying my legs with deep woods off to keep the fleas off of me. it helps a little

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Good call on the DEET. Hope the spray works!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts