Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our way back from the therapy class today, Chloe stepped in cement and I apparently hadn't noticed. When we got home, I saw it and her paws are gray!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif I tried washing it with warm water and soap, and some of it got off, but some is still stuck there and I need help! Any advice on how to get it off without using anything that will hurt her little pink pads? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Help! Chloe has dry sement on her paws...

cement?

If so, best bet is to have her soak it, and then scrub it with a brush.

If you don't get it off soon it can burn her.

Or atleast it did me!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Okay, that isn't one we've had to deal with with our gang. Paint yes - but not cement! Hopefully someone will have some advice.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts

Do you have an emergency vet clinic? If so, try giving them a call to see if they can tell you how to remove it safely.

I'm looking on the Internet now to see if there is a suggestions there.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Oh no! Poor Chloe. I have no suggestions, but hope you can find a solution soon.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts

Orange solvent took dried cement off my husbands hands a while back, but I'm not sure if it's safe for animals. I'll check the internet and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Eleanor,

I can't find anything on the internet about this. How much cement is on her? Poor Chloe!

Will try to find out more later...have Yodel pee to clean up.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks guys.... It's all out. Warm water and lots of running on the wet grass at my uncles place did the trick! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

It wasn't like her paw was clogged with the cement, but there was some that I couldn't get our between her "fingers", and her pink pads were stained a little.

Now it's all good /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/photo.gif

Thanks for the update Eleanor. Very happy to hear that Miss Chloe's cement issues are under control. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Kisses to her from Henry and I and Yodel! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

~Denise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts