Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a 12 hour trip (split between 2 days) from Florida to WV for Xmas break. Buckley was fine during the trip. I got home and he was fine, but the firstn ight he threw up twice. It was a white foam. He acted normal the next day, ate, played, slept, rinse repeat. He threw up again the 2nd night, and again right after eating this morning (nothing came out this time).

What is wrong with him? Any ideas? The vet will be open tomorrow and I will take him. He acts completely normal aside from that. He is eating and drinking and playing. It is much colder here and the ground is soaked from the melted snow. The only difference I can think of is being in electric heated house, the cold weather, and how wet it is.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
It does sound like something to do with the trip. If hes not better tomorrow check it out with the vet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It also sounds like anxiety to me. Blue does this while riding in the car, he starts to drool and then "foam" at the mouth. Sometimes he throws up for real and others just foam. We have to give him pet calm to get him past the anxiety of riding in the car. I wouldn't suggest that until you make sure it is anxiety though since he is only doing it at night. It may pass as he gets used to his new surroundings.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Sydney has bad anxiety when she has to go in the car and when I don't sedate her first, she will be sick like that for days. Spencer also as a puppy used to throw up through the night. We started giving him a snack right before bed and it helped to keep his stomach settled.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My other dog would throw up white foamy stuff if in the car for too long. Maybe it's just starting to take its tow. Let us know how little Buckley is doing tomorrow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He also has a small patch of fur that seems to be thinning out right above his right front shoulder. He itches it sometimes. Is this also anxiety?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Spencer ot a bald spot about the size of a loonie when he was a pup, we tested him for mange but he didn't have it. Have you been treating him for fleas or worms with Revolution? I know that kills off any starts of mange. I would say if he doesn;t get any better soon or if the spot gets worse, he may be due for a trip to the vet.

·
Registered
751 Posts
1) white foam - Marley gets car sick. Very anxious. Getting better now. But when we got out he would throw up white foam.

2) Marley's hair thinned as well, was above his eye, it itched. Vet did a scrape and found demodex mites. It's common in puppies from their moms and most fight it off, but sometimes if they are stressed/anxious, their immune system doesn't kick in as well and the demodex comes out. Your vet can test for it by doing a skin scrape and looking under a scope.

Marley only had it in that one spot, and after 3 medicated baths at the vet, it was all better and his hair grew back in. The spot was like the size of a dime. Cannot even tell anymore where it was.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I treat him for fleas with frontline and heartworm with Heartguard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts