Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and just wanted to say Hi. I have a four -year-old female beagle named "Tinkerbell", whom we found as a stray. She is the joy in our house. I was poking around, looking for tips on training beagles when I found this site and I thought it might be the best thing, to talk to other happy beagle owners, rather than reading the same old training things that really don't work! :sad: Tinkerbell is a prety good dog, (most of the time!) but she, as other beagles, has "boundery issues". I can't seem to keep her off the furniture or away from the kid's food! LOL! I have gotten her used to sleeping in her own bed, next to mine, so that is a good improvment for her. :dance:I hope to have a little fun, talking to other beagle parents! have a great day!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the world of Beagles. 1st: most Beagles feel like they never get enough food - they are hairy, 4-legged food vacuums! 2nd: Beagles are usually Velcro-Dogs... meaning they want to be with you no matter where you are! Enjoy your Beagle!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have found this forum as a great place to pick up knowledge for our 4 legged vacum cleaners lol. Hope you like it here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
welcom

I have the same problem with my beagle no matter what i do i cant keep her away from our food. i even had to buy a new trash can with a lid so that she couldnt get in it no more i do spay the trash with bitter lime thou.I have found that if you go to pet smart there is training treats and that seems to work wonders for my dog she loves them there small and when i shake the bottle of them she knows its time to learn.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
:welcome: The more you read on this forum, the more you will see you are not alone and many beagles have similar "kooky" behaviors. Enjoy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
jars of peanut butter (several)
packs of dog/cat treats
vitamins
ramen noodles
fish food
pop tarts
bread
instant oatmeal
these are all things my dogs have stolen from the pantry and i have later found buried around the yard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome! I didn't think I'd see too many people greeting me for some reason! LOL! It's nice to have a place to talk about our furry-faced "Beagletopians" (All beagle are "aliens" from a planet called "Beagletopia". It's a story I tell my son and he and I make up funny things about our Tinkerbell as she amuzes us)
I did buy a $40.00 trash can because it had a secure lock on it! LOL! I was reading that the adorable wrinkles on their faces and the long ears are designed to help them smell that much better than other dogs. The poor little things must be feeling tortured with all the smells they have to put up with and cannot have!
I was also reading that Beagles have been around since the Celtic times and the word "Beag" means "little" in Gaelic. It means "Open mouth" in other languages. I thought that was really cute, considering that's what they are, is "little open mouths"! We love our little Beagle-Peep so much and are blessed to have the chance to be her family.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
In French beagle means "gaped throat" referring to that distinctive beagle howl that I love sooo much!

We no longer keep the trash can in the house, it is in the mudroom, beyond their reach!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts