Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all you beagle lovers. I am the new owner of a 10 month old male beagle named Copper. We can to be parents of him when we were dog sitting. The owners decided they could not and would not take care of the worm issue. so we decided to give him a forever home. After a week he still has worms not as many but some so get more meds from vet today. Then he will soon to be fixed.

his house training is doing well considering he had no training at all. He is learning the words, no kitchen( he is used to helping himself to plates),no couch ( we don't allow dogs on the couch),no play( only used when he gets playing to rough or starts to growl) He has fallen in love with our siberian husky (our big baby). They play all day and nap beside each other.

Our husky does not have any worms and that is a very big concern. so hopefully the worms will go away. there are only a couple once a day so I believe we are winding them down. just want the process over so we can work on leash training while being off our property. I do not feel comfortable taking him to public places knowing he has worms. Not very responsible when people do that.

enough about us. Have a Happy beagle day

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Welcome! So glad to hear Copper found a home and humans willing to take good care of him! It is also great that he has a buddy to keep him company too

Pictures???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to BW! Thank you for giving Copper a good, loving home. Sounds like you are getting the worm problem under control and already starting to train him!

I would love to see pictures of Copper & your Siberian Husky (I have always LOVED Huskies!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as soon as I figure this site out more, I will post a pic of the two of them. still getting use to this one
which by the way seems very very friendly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics

the first on is copper the beagle and timber the husky. the second one is of copper being funny with the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: pics

Both beautiful dogs, love the pic of Copper being a goofball! Welcome to BW!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

Both beautiful dogs! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thank you all for the wonderful welcome. only found one deformed worm in the past 30 hours. really feel we have it pretty much over with.

he whined so much when we first started house sitting him all day whine whine whine. but now he only whines when he misses timber or he gets excited that people are coming home( daughter from school and my hubby from work) he loves to greet them
. working on the no jump when they come through the door or when we first get up, but in time we will succeed. we are a very patient family who all use the same words for the same behavior. really helps alot. one person alone can not train a dog it takes the whole family.

I am just so glad we were able to keep him. he is such a delight to have around.

my hubby told me,well hon you always wanted to be a foster mom perhaps it was with animals and not kids you know something, I think he may be right

Keeping this short today, it is rainy out and copper seems to be testy today. trying to do all the no's.

Have a great day and don't forget to hug those fur babies of yours.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Copper is absolutely gorgeous and what a HAM!!! :) Timber is also beautiful - what great coloring!!

I can't tell you how glad I am to have found your post on here. My husband and I recently had to give our beagle puppy, Abby, away. We just didn't have enough time to give her for exercising, playing and training (I have a post on here about it). She is 8 months old and now has a wonderful, forever home with a family that can really work and play with her. I still have a soft spot for beagles...I just can't imagine not watching her grow up so now I'm living vicariously through all of you. Thank you, again, for opening your home to Copper!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts

Originally Posted By: 3PenceI still have a soft spot for beagles...I just can't imagine not watching her grow up so now I'm living vicariously through all of you. Thank you, again, for opening your home to Copper!!!
Once a Beagle mother always a Beagle mother - and there is everything right with that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts