Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

My name is Jenn and my boyfriend, Mike, we recently purchased our little love bug, Moji. She is about 9 weeks old and is the cutest thing ever (but I'm sure every owner thinks that of their baby).

Moji is extremely social and wild. She is in her teething stage and loves to bite everything from our fingers to the furniture. She loves being around people and has yet to have the chance to be around other dogs since she is too young to be taken to parks and beaches...

Anywho, we are new to being beagle owners and would LOVE all the help and advice we can get.
If anyone has any advice on training Moji or anything to say at all...please do respond. We look forward to raising our little pup the best way we can.

Love,
Mike, Jenn, & Moji

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World Jenn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'm sure you'll love this place! I've a 8 months beagle, so she's almost passed through the puppy-stage. I think that every beagle's puppyhood is different from another. Infact my Luce was a little hurricane, destroying everything she found (collection of cds and dvds included :angry: ). Milla on the contrary has been the most lovely puppy ever. For raising a beagle you need a lot of patience, and you must control her if you don't want your house chewed up :hi: (I didn't know it when I got Luce, and I let you imagine what happened to my furniture /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ). It's an amazing and unique experience, enjoy it, and enjoy the love your little girl will give you :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

First, puppy socialization classes. Next, obediance class. Check with your vet (you do have one right?) and you local pet supply stores for places and schedules.

As for the chewing, you need to stop this now. Buy him chew toys and when you catch him chewing something he shouldn't, say NO and get him to chew the toy instead. When he does, high praise all around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the responses /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif !!! We really appreciate it....

We're heading to th evet on Saturday for her second set of shots and will inquire about obedience classes...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy, Welcome to BW and a big arroooo to Moji. All my dogs have been adult rescues but I do know it takes some time after a pup has had theire shots before they are ready to socialize with other non-litermates. You might ask your vet how soon Moji can have her coming out party and then get her enrolled in a puppy socialization class. There lots of beagles who have been raised from pups and good advice can be easily acquirred. The rest of us just love hearing about beagles and cuties like Moji.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
What an engaging little face. I agree with the previous advice. Maggie is almost 10 months old. We went to puppy socialization classes at my vet's office when Maggie was 12 weeks old. At about 4-5 months we did puppy obedience, and now are taking intermediate obedience. It has been a great learning experience for me. Maggie loves the outing and time to be with other dogs. The classes and advice received here have made all of our lives easier and reinforced the bond with Maggie.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! We too are a Jen and Mike. Moji is adorable. I would suggest a training class. That was the best thing we did with Jersey. It made such a difference with everything. We learned how to deal with issues and she (sort of) learned who was the boss. Beagles are stubborn little creatures. Stay consistent in her training and be patient. You'll want to pull your hair out sometimes and/or throw the cute one out a window :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome Jenn, Mike and Moji !!!

"leaving thread to go look at pictures"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts