Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have just joined and am very excited. I adopted my Beagle named Majek about three weeks ago. He has come from a medical research facility. He is 1 1/2 and since he grew up where he did, he knows very little about the world! He is like a lil pup. Everything is new and exciting (sometimes scary!) He finally is taking treats. We are working on some basic training and of course HOUSEBREAKING, which has been not so bad. I think it will take him some time to get everything.
Brett

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank you so much for rescuing Majek Brett! That is wonderful. What a lucky boy to have found you. Sounds like he's settling in well, it will take some time, but training is one of the best things you can do to build a partnership with your dog.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Welcome. Hope to see lots of pictures. Look into a quality obedience training class. Socialization is important so your dog gets used to the things around him. You can go to Search on this site and put in keywords to find great past posts on various topics or shoot some questions.
Cassie says hi...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
Thank you SO much for rescuing him. Housebreaking with beagles can be slow especially one that has been kept in a crate all the time. He would probably just go right in his cage and now he has to learn that outside is the place to go. Love and patience will work! My beags are rescues also, I have had Molly for 12 years since she was 2 and Oliver for 4 years since he was 6.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Good luck on the training. From what I 'hear' on the board, it is quite a challenge! Even with pups up to 3 years old. Welcome to this board.
techie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts