Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif

It's been a while since I've been on and there are alot of new people and beetles as well as alot of new bells and whistles on the forum. I figured I would re-introduce myself.

My name is Denise and my "beetle" is Henry. He was a hurricane dog who came to us from Louisiana. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif After $3000 and a miracle by Virginia Tech Vet School, Henry lived after an almost fatal case of heartworms. He is my little boy who still has alot of ghosts from the past that visit him on occasion...(who knows what his life was like before he landed in the high-kill animal shelter in New Iberia, La) but he has come a long way and we love him so much it's hard to describe. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

My news...Henry B. is getting a brother. He is coming up via the same girl who got us our Henry. He was a stray in Houma, Louisiana...he has already been treated for heartworms /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif, is about one year old and described as very, very sweet.

For the moment, his name is "Yodel" because as quiet as he is, when he wants something he howls (yodels). Not sure about the name, my son and I like the name "Joey". I'll take suggestions. He will hopefully be here on April 4th.

Here is Yodel:

Oh...I really like all of the new smilies. Especially /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yeah! Another new Beetle! Welcome Back Denise! I'm so happy to see you here again. Is Cox behaving better for you? Yodel is a cutie. I'll bet you are so excited. I can't wait to hear about him and how he gets along with Henry B. and Kelsey Bad!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Yodel is adorable, and I love the name! I'm new since you were here last, but welcome back!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gifback! It's so nice to see your post, and great to learn that you're getting a brother for Henry. Yodel's a great-looking fellow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
What wonderful news!!! Whether he stays as Yodel (which is awfully cute...) or Joey (which I really like as a beetle name too - but that was Moosie's name with his mean old owner so we didn't want to keep it for him) he is lovely. Here's hoping that he and Henry will become the best of friends - and perhaps Yodel/Joey will be strong and confident and protect Henry from those nasty demons, too...

Okay, looking back again now at his pretty face I'm thinking he might be a Roger... Absolutely no idea why but that is what I am getting from his picture!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much, everybody!

Jen...(no problems with Cox. Don't want to say it to loud and jinx it).

Booker..."Roger"? I had a cockatiel named Roger years and years ago. He began laying eggs. Hmmmm.

I'm going to discuss names with Jeff and Casey tonight.

Does anybody think it will be too confusing or traumatic to change his name at this point? He's been fostered by the rescuer for about a month and during that month he's had that painful heartworm treatment besides being thrown in the pound. I want it to be smooth sailing at this point but I really like the name, Joey.

Jamie...."Yoda"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif Do you know that I've never seen Star Wars? Weird, huh?

~Denise

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome back, Denise!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif I've been wondering how you are since I haven't seen you here for a while. Congratulations on the newest member!!! Boeing sends his welcoming aroo to little Yodel /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif Yodel is gorgeous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif and the name is very unique, too.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif Denise, welcome back!!! Yodel looks soooooo cute! He actually looks so innocent - you be careful of those beagle eyes, ha? With 2 pairs of those eyes, I can't even begin to imagine how things are going to be in your house... I'm sure Kelsey is excited at least as you. Chloe sends huge beagle kisses to Henry.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

Stop by more often... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif back!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally Posted By: BookerMoose Here's hoping that he and Henry will become the best of friends - and perhaps Yodel/Joey will be strong and confident and protect Henry from those nasty demons, too...
I am hoping the same thing. Although Henry has a "people" family who love him so much...I hope that his new brother helps him loosen up and not be so afraid of things like...windy days, the vaccum cleaner, loud noises, new people, and anything big and new in the house. I hope that's not asking too much of our new fella.

·
Registered
300 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif back! Hi Denise, My name is Lorie and I to have a Henry. He was a rescue as well. My Rusty and him are best friends. Congrats to you for getting another beagle. Two are always better then one. Two times the trouble, two times the fun and most important two times the love. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif The new little one is just so cute /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif. I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing tons of pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif Beagle liks to you and tons of tail wags.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts