Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to you all... I'm Lauren and I live in Wisconsin. Right now, I have a 4 year old tricolor beagle named Socket and another 7 month old labrador puppy. I hope to learn some great things here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
250 Posts
:wave: hi there. im mykale and i have a 8 week old puppy,diesel. i have family in wisconson so its nice to see someone from up there. but i know you will find tons of things to learn here. every one is so helpful

so again... welcome to you and your dogs.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you both, Lauren and Socket! :wave:

My Henry was a hurricane rescue from Louisiana. Came here sick and scared, now he's well and loved.

And I'm Denise.

Glad you found BW.

~Denise

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for the nice welcome everyone! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I will definitely post pics of Socket asap. He was bred to be a 15", but is rather *ahem* overgrown. He stands roughly 18" tall and pushes 40-43 lbs some months. (not overweight, I promise) I have plenty of pictures and as soon as I have a few minutes to gather my bearings here... then they will come! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I love pics too, so you'll be seeing plenty from me in the future!

I apologize for missing giving the name of my lovely little (well maybe not SO little anymore @ 55 lbs, haha) lab puppy! Her name is Lia. She's a crazy pup, so you might hear a bit about her from time to time also.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi and welcome Lauren and Socket. Tell us all about your Socket. I would love to hear about the name. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Don't forget to introduce his honorary beagle sister, the 7 mo. old Lab. :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Socket was the world's craziest puppy. Honestly, he was the hardest dog my family ever had to housebreak, crate train, obedience train, etc, etc etc! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Everyone always asks about his name. Honestly, he is the "family" dog, but has always been my younger brother's shadow. My younger brother was in school to become a mechanic at the time that we got Socket, so Socket's name...drumroll please... came from the good ol' Socket wrench. It's a really silly story, but the name just suits him really well. He's happy as a clam just laying outside in my brother's shop while Tim (my bro) is out there revamping his old Trans Am. Don't worry, he's an inside dog. We don't leave our dogs outside ever.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Lauren :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big old welcome arroooo to Socket. Labs and beagles seem to go together. I'm sure Socket is teaching Lia the importance of being a member of the pack. Since Labs think they are four-legged humans, beagles figure us humans are jsut another pack mkember, I'm sure Lia and Socket will have you well trained /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My Bagel was a rescue, got him when he was about Socket's age. That was ten years ago in February. Looking forward to exchanging stories, advice and support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, you guys are very welcoming and friendly here!

Socket and Lia get along famously. They are constantly chasing each other around, playing tug with their toys or playing a game I like to call "bitey face." It's definitely brought out some more youthfulness in Socket since we've had Lia around. He used to be such a couch potato and now he loves to romp, run and play again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Socket is doing well- taught Lia how to hold up her nylabones to chew on them, how to put toys back in the toybox and how to counter surf. :rolleyes:

But, we're all doing well. Lia's coming along famously with her training... we just finished basic obedience! YAY!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! You will definitely find our group both informative and caring. I am mother to an almost 13 year old beagle named Maggie -- I rescued her when she was about 1 year old. Looking forward to lots of more stories and, of course, pictures. If you get some time, take a look at our "discussion" section -- you'll find lots of helpful tips and suggestions in previous posts.

·
Registered
751 Posts
hi and welcome.

Yes we are a friendly welcoming group.

However, we can get mean and nasty if we do not get pictures, ahahahahahahah.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I already saw pics of Socket and Lia in the other section. Great-looking dogs!!!

I'm Pat and Boeing is my baby beagle boy. We live in Bangkok, Thailand, and would love to extend a very warm welcome to you and your pack :wave:

You'll enjoy being here like I do :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome, Labs are also known as "lickadors" here in the northwest US! Labs were the dominant breed of dog here before many movies that featured beags including "Enterprize,s Porthos" Star-trek series. But I was the owner/operator of Beagle Heating & A/C for over 6 yrs in my first attempt at being self employed & Goober was a "natural" at being used for advertizement! :thumbup: He is undoubtably responsible for part of the popularity of beags here! Many new folks here have never seen the great "moneymaker" pic of him posed in front of a heat-n-glo fireplace...but he was the "gimmick" that fed us & helped me to make a sale! :thumbup: Goober is truly the best hundred dollar investment I ever made! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hello, from the far away city of Fond du Lac, WI! It's nice to see another "Cheesehead" on here. It's also nice to see another beagle-lab family. I am owned by Molly, a almost 5 year old beagle and Maggie, an 8 1/2 year old black lab. Oh, and we can't forget Fuzz, the 15 year old 1/2 Siamese cat who acts like he is 4.

Welcome to the boards!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Java!!!!!!!

Hi, i got my beagle lab retriever java at 3 months, he was such a cute little thing, he is almost 1 year on the 9th i am so thriller, but its been ruff thoe he has been a BIG HAND FULL and it still has not gotten better, but he has been so cute its hard to stay mad.:):D:yes::hyper:

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Hi, i got my beagle lab retriever java at 3 months, he was such a cute little thing, he is almost 1 year on the 9th i am so thriller, but its been ruff thoe he has been a BIG HAND FULL and it still has not gotten better, but he has been so cute its hard to stay mad.:):D:yes::hyper:
Welcome to you and your hound :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts