Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is chuck, my wife is sheri. we lost our last dog about 2 years ago, he was a chocolate lab. and we feel we are ready now to get out next dog, we are thinking about getting a pair of beagles soon. we have been doing a lot of reading and research on the internet about beagles, we have not started shopping yet, but we are ready to. not sure as to if we should get two males or two females or one of each, we will have them fixed what ever we get, thanks for letting me join this fine looking group.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome. This is a great place to learn about beagles. I'll look forward to hearing about yours when you find them.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome!!!!! Wow, 2 at once - I only wish /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

I don't think it matters what you get, since beagles are pack animals and LOVE being with each other. I don't know of 2 beagles living together that didn't get along (2 boys, girls or one of each).... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

Excellent decision.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts

I did the same thing regarding researching the best breeds, chose the beagle, got Abby and have never regretted it...I love her with all my heart.

I would post your question in the main beagle discussion area. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Chuck and Sheri Welcome to Beagle World. I would not about gender that much, especially if you have your mind made up to raise two pups at a time as beagles raised together will be friends for life. As has been mentioned, post your questions in the general discussion area, those with limited time often only read the threads there.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome from Henry and me (aka Denise)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif

It's been along time since I've had a puppy but I did go through the toddler years with my son 7-8 yrs. ago...very similar! Lots of work but worth it in the end.

I have a rescue beagle and we are waiting for our newest rescue beagle to get here in a couple of weeks from Louisiana. We can't wait.

I think the puppies would want to be together, especially when young. And hopefully by the time they grow out of the crate, you won't need it anymore. By one for now...you can always buy another one later.

Keep us posted.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to BW! You didn't mention considering rescues -- very often, you will find two beagles whom a rescue would prefer to keep together -- sometimes they are siblings, sometimes not. Please consider this option. Whatever direction you go in, we are looking forward to hearing all about your beagle adventures and you will need to learn how to post pics as we love those!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to BW! I am owned by ten beagles - males and females, all sizes and all ages. Since you're getting two it really doesn't matter about the gender - I raised my Chloe and Romeo together (she is 3 weeks older - but I got him about a week earlier) - since they're both "fixed" there was no problem. If you're NOT planning to spay or neuter, I'd stick with either both boys or both girls to avoid any unwanted litters. While I am a hobby breeder - MOST of my dogs are spayed or neutered and I always recommend apaying or neutering if you aren't planning to breed them - it eliminates a lot of problems including the possibility of testicular cancer in males - and other kinds of cancer in females.
My dogs are all "friends" regardless of age or gender.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcme to BW. I agree with JudieMaggie, please consider rescues. We adopted our two when they were 5 years old. Susi and Snoopy had spent their first years in research labs. and came togther in the rescue center. They adore one another and we adore them. Good luck whatever you decide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.