Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Everyone! :wave:

I should first say I am so happy to have found a forum for beagle owners! My husband and I are currently owned by Zeus. He was born September 19th 2006 and came home with us in early November. He is our only child and I think he likes it that way. We live on 4 acres of desert land south of Phoenix Arizona.

Zeus is full of energy... sometimes to much energy. This has been a very hot summer for us so during the day he like to perch him self on the back of the couch and sleep for hours on end. When the sun starts to set he bolts from the house and really enjoys desert and everything in it. He is well behaved for the most part and will do anything, yes anything, for an ice cube.

We are so happy to have him in our lives and so happy I found this forum. :thumbup:

Sarah

Edit: Made image full size - M&SD

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: The Ice Cube thing must be a desert beagle trait. My beagle Bagel prefers ice cubes to water when we travel. Welcome to Beagle World and a big arrroooo to Zeus.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome to BW!
Not too many AZ folks in here at all, I think it 95% Floridians /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif j/k.
Nice picture of Zeus, can't wait to see more pics.

My Oliver also loves ice cubes, as soon as he hears the ice cube dispenser from the fridge he zooms over to get a piece.

Whereabouts in AZ are you at? Acres? nice!
I'm in Chandler

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you, Sarah, and Zeus the desert beetle. :wave:

I love those photos of Zeus! The desert is so very foreign to me...I'm from the deep south(where my Henry came from) and now living in the mountains of SW Virginia.

I look forward to seeing more pics of Zeus and hearing about his antics.

~Denise

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:Originally posted by rjdmtb:
I'm in Chandler
We are in Maricopa... Old Maricopa.
We were out here long before all the building and traffic and congestion!

Both my husband and I work in the city, I am in Tempe and him all over the place!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey, maybe you Arizona BWers can have a meetup!!
Welcome, Sarah and Zeus! :wave: Zeus is a cutie! He sounds like a lot of fun. Well, what beagle isn't, right?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by We Love Zeus:
I'm in Chandler
We are in Maricopa... Old Maricopa.
We were out here long before all the building and traffic and congestion!

Both my husband and I work in the city, I am in Tempe and him all over the place!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
ahh, interesting.
Well to add to the traffic and congestion, my wife and I are having a house built out there.
Around Porter and Honeycutt.
She'll be commuting to Chandler and I to central phx.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. Looking forward to hearing all about Zeus and you of course!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:Well to add to the traffic and congestion, my wife and I are having a house built out there.
Around Porter and Honeycutt.
She'll be commuting to Chandler and I to central phx.
Small world and Welcome to Maricopa!! When will your house be done? Like I said before we have 4 acres of property so although there is no dog park out here we have enough friends and family that we sometimes make our own. I know Zeus would love to play with another beagle! We also go to Cosmos Dog Park in Gilbert off the 202 and Ray (?) its really nice and Zeus loves the road trip!

Sarah

·
Registered
519 Posts
House is supposed to be done in October or November. Its in the Glenwilde Groves area (don't know if you know where thats at or not).

We haven't been to that dog park, I've definitely heard about it though. We've been to one off of Warner & Alma School, once a month there are "Beagle get togethers".
And we've been to one in Ahwatukee, off of Pecos.
Its difficult for us to get Oliver to leave though. He could honestly stay there for a whole day running around making doggy friends.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
House is supposed to be done in October or November. Its in the Glenwilde Groves area (don't know if you know where thats at or not).

We haven't been to that dog park, I've definitely heard about it though. We've been to one off of Warner & Alma School, once a month there are "Beagle get togethers".
And we've been to one in Ahwatukee, off of Pecos.
Its difficult for us to get Oliver to leave though. He could honestly stay there for a whole day running around making doggy friends.
I will be totally honest I have no clue were Glenwilde Groves is located but all the new neighborhoods are really nice out here and I am sure you guys will love it!

We have never been to the park in the Warner and Alma school area I had no clue there was one that and we used to live in that neighborhood...

You will have to let us know when there is a beagle gathering we would love to take Zeus!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
"Welcome to the party pal". Glad to have another member. Looking forward to the tails of Zeus. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
how appropriate to welcome you, as I am in the desert myself for work! Scottsdale to be exact...until tomorrow, back to humid Iowa. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Zeus looks very friendly!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Taurus Mom:
how appropriate to welcome you, as I am in the desert myself for work! Scottsdale to be exact...until tomorrow, back to humid Iowa. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Zeus looks very friendly!
How was Scottsdale?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts