Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Russ and I just recently adopted/rescued to brothers and im not sure of there age but they not pups but they are young.I have many ?'s and im learning as i go but they are good dogs from what i can tell and i look forward to expressing there growth and development with me in there new home......

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

2 rescues at once? Congrats! You are a brave one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We will try to answer all your questions as best we can.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the hospitality and i just learned i need a hundred post before i can have my own custom avatar...but im workin on discovering how to post pics and where they go once uploaded.I have tried to add a code to my signature line so i dont know what going to happen with that exactly .....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Chloe's mom : you have a beautiful dog and i hope to have many pics up here to be seen if could just figure out how

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Russ :wave: My beagle is a rescue and the first time I raised my voice he cowered in the corner. Needless to say, it was years till I raised my voice around him again and when I did, he just stood there, like "yes - you have my undivided attention" so they do lose their fear and rescue baggage. Yelling does work any better than a stern voice when they need correcting. With a rescue, you have to temper any verbal correction with an understanding of their past fears. They do lose their rescue baggage and the real joy of rescuing is when their real beagle selfs emerged from the scared subdued animals you bring a home, security and joy to. I'm sure Sam and Tiny are already starting to realize that things are much better and that little of spark of hope will soon kindle a raging fire of love. My rescue has been with me for almost 10 years (Next month) and within 6 months of adopting him, his true personality came out and he has been my best buddy since. Bless you fro rescuing Tiny and Sam and my beagle, the Bagel, sends a happy welcome abord arroooo to your new friends.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! I, too, congratulate you on taking in the brothers -- not only are they going to have a great forever home, they get to stay together. My rescue, Maggie, has been with me almost 12 years. Like the Bagel, it took Maggie a while to realize I wasn't going to hurt her or abandon her -- now she has me wrapped around her paw!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome, and thank you for rescuing! :angel:

Besides her, we have three other dogs, two of which are rescues, and, Miss Priss, the calico cat who chose us as her family over 14 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome...welcome...to BW, Russ! :wave:

Bless you for taking in Tiny and Sam when they needed you. I would love to hear the story of how you came together.

My Henry is a rescue (a hurricane dog from Louisiana) and came to us on a transport truck full of labradors after a two day ride. He was scared, skinny and sick from heartworms. (dying actually...we didn't know it at the time).

Anyway...almost 2 years later, he is healthy, a little chubby (we're both trying to loose weight) and happy. He still gets visits from ghosts from his past but now he has a family who loves him and will take care of him. We are completely besotted by him. (when is the last time you heard that word)? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Glad you're here!

~Denise

·
Registered
702 Posts
A big Welcome to you, Russ and bless you for taking in Tiny and Sam. :wave: They look adorable!

So glad they have a forever home now!

While my Daisy wasn't exactly a rescue (she was a stray... found her owner... and he let us keep her) there was a lot we didn't know about her history. It's a real experience when their true personalities slowly come through. An adventure of discovery :thumbup:

Looking forward to more pics and stories.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts