Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Kim. I just got my beagle in November, 2007. My little girl came from a research facility outside Guelph, Ontario somewhere. Thankfully not much has happened to her as far as i know. My sister came across her in her class. She is taking vetrinarian and knew she was special. Now she is all mine. She's a year and 8 months old. Very small, extrememly quiet and absolutely adorable! I love her to pieces. She was in a small cage for most of her life so I had to take it slow for a bit. Her paws would bleed on the first few walks from not being used to the pavement and she didn't have very much energy. She also had a bad skin irritation from living in filth /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . Thankfully she is all better now and living the spoiled life hehe. I'm glad I found this place...I'm going to have tons of questions!!! Here are a few pictures of my sweetie...her name is Pixie.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Welcome to the board, Pixie is adorable. Maybe we will have to plan for her to meet Spencer & Sydney one day since we are so close. I can't wait to hear more abou here. Iti s so awesome that you rescued her. :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Pixie is adorable and many, many thanks for saving her from a terrible future. We have other members who have rescued research pups and expect they will be along to share their experiences. Best place to ask questions and share ideas is our "discussion" section.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome.... Pixie is gorgeous.... It's great you saved her from that research nightmare :thumbup:

She looks as small as my Chloe (13" beagle).

Ask as many questions as you want, and share plenty of stories and picture of lovely Pixie :heart:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thank you for the great welcome. I'm happy to be here!!! I think she's about 13" too. People keep thinking she's still a puppy. She sure acts like it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Kim :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and Bless you for giving Pixie a forever home, the patience to be all she can beagle, and the love all dogs deserve. She is a cutie.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hello and welcome to BW. Pixie is adorable. It's great that you rescued her from such horrible living conditions. I can't wait to hear all about her.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy! I was just wondering if there is a way that I can get notifications when people post replies to my questions and such? Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A big welcome arrrooo to you and Pixie from Vancouver. We have three rescue beagles that we love to bits. I didn't know there were research facilities using beagles in Canada - well I probably should have known but just was hoping Canada was more enlightened. Thank you so much for giving Pixie a second start in life - I'm sure the rewards will be mutual.

As for the answer to your question about whether you can get notification when people post replies - I don't think there is a way to do that as I've never found one... but perhaps someone can fill us both in. But regardless, the best way to find out if there are replies is to come here often and hang out with all the rest of us!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts