Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Fairly new Beagle owner here, I have a 1 1/2 year old neutered male Beagle named Scooby. After getting to know a friend's Beagle, I knew that I had to have one. Hit the local online ads back in October and the first night found Scooby. His owners had had a new baby and stuck him in his crate in the garage for a while until they determined they didn't have time for him.
Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with how I found him and deemed it necessary to take him home with me. He stank (two baths that night) didn't have any manners, was not housebroke...thankfully all his time in his crate meant that he was crate trained. I had his shots updated and him neutered within two weeks of bringing him home. Had him potty trained by December and spoiled weelllll before that.
I'm definitely his human, in fact, he is laying on the floor right behind me.

I have definitely fallen in love with the Beagle breed, and have met other Beagles at the local dog park. I knew that eventually I wanted to get in to showing and raising dogs, but always saw myself with Labs as that was what I was raised with. Not so much anymore, definitely a Beagle person now! I plan on finding a nice show quality female within the next few years and getting started in the AKC show scene. Since that is well in the future, I decided to start looking for Beagle sites and start networking!

Good to meet you all and I look forward to learning alot about our favorite breed!

Stacey

Here is a pic of my Beagle, Scooby:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi Stacey. Welcome to Beagle World. Scooby has a cute face. He is lucky to have such a good home with you. My husband grew up in Minot, North Dakota.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: jassyHi Stacey. Welcome to Beagle World. Scooby has a cute face. He is lucky to have such a good home with you. My husband grew up in Minot, North Dakota.
I lived there for quite a few years; in fact, that is where my son was born. Neat!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi Stacey, good to see your intro
Scooby is even more handsome in the above picture than the little tiny one in the chat box.

Can't wait for more stories and pics

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to beagle world. Scooby is very handsome. How on earth can people get rid of such an adorable animal.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Scooby is a very handsome lad and I am certain he is very grateful you opened up your home to him. Have you considered agility training with Scooby? He looks very physically fit and it might be a good alternative to showing as pups don't need to be AKC registered.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi Stacey, let me wish you and Scooby a big welcome to Beagle World. Much better picture than the little 30x30 chat picture. Look forward to talking again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally Posted By: judymaggie
to BW! Scooby is a very handsome lad and I am certain he is very grateful you opened up your home to him. Have you considered agility training with Scooby? He looks very physically fit and it might be a good alternative to showing as pups don't need to be AKC registered.
I am assuming that the dogs need to pay attention during an agility run.
Scooby's a wee bit ADD as of the moment.

I could have registered him UKC; the previous owners gave me the transfer doc (they hadn't even registered him yet, still had his puppy paper), but with neutering him I didn't think it necessary.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome to BW! It hurts to think of people neglecting a dog and then giving it up, but Scooby is in a much better home with you! I adopted Henry out of a shelter about a year ago, and I haven't looked back. He'd been surrendered twice at just a year of age, but was a total doll. Henry says thanks for giving Scooby another chance!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts