Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a message under another topic but would love to introduce myself. My name is Tina, a 46 year old mom from NJ. I am married to Dave for 8 years and we have one child, my wonderful son Matthew who is 7. Matthew has mild autism but he is the brighest, most loving child a person could ask for. Plus he is cute! Where he got that from, I don't know.

We have several pets- all rescues. Maggie is our 22 lb Calico, and Sabrina is her slightly blind older feline friend. We have Jenny my 3 year old Beagle whom we adopted from a rescue about 5 months ago, and possibly Doc, a 4 year old boy whom we want to make ours. (please see my post regarding this in the next topic. As you can see, we are all huge animal lovers here.

Nice meeting you all..

Tina

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome Tina, and thank you for the rescue work you have done! I read your other message about Doc, and I sure hope it works out that you'll be able to keep him. Since it's only been a couple of weeks, maybe he just needs more time than some of your other rescues?
I understand how the potty training issue can be discouraging, but hang in there, and I'm sure with lot's of love, patience, and consistancy he will come around!
Again, welcome, and I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your pack!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome Tina, I work in a school district that has a full inclusion model and have volunteered to work with any autistic first graders.
They are bright and wonderful and loving kids. It is so much fun to follow their progress over the years. The little guy I had two years ago is coming back in this year to tutor kids who are having trouble with counting. He has infinite patience with them.

I know you will enjoy Beagle World and get lots of help with your questions.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome Tina. Always happy to add new Beagle friends to our midst. Glad you found us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts