Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am mom to Molly my beagle and two greyhounds, Jake and Andy. I just adopted Molly from a shelter 2 weeks ago today. She is 2 years old and such a sweetie. Lots to learn about her and for her to learn about us. Not sure of her background at all (she was found running the streets). She is very timid and at times has submissive pee, especially if my hubby comes near her. But she loves to play, eats well and seems to be a happy little girl.

·
Registered
271 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Hi Molly. Welcome to BW. I am Deb and am owned by 10 week old Peanut. I hope you love it here as much as Peanut and I do.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole arrrooo to Molly. Sounds like she has found a forever home. I wonder if Jake and Andy are also rescues. Greyhounds seem to be under-appreciated once their running days are over but they make wonderful companions. I'm sure Molly will thrive with two big brothers. If she has been on the street, I;m sure life was less than perfect for Molly. I'm sure she'll warm up to your Hubby once she realizes her good fortune.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome!!

Yes, Jake and Andy are both rescue greys. I have had Jake for over 6 years and Andy for 4. Jake was treated terribly and came to us in bad condition and very skittish. I thought he would be afraid of little Molly, but he loves her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif Welcome to our pack!

I'm Jamie; Mom to Abby (almost three year old 15" red & white beag), and three human babies; Rebecca-10 1/2, Ashleigh-5 1/2 and Béla Jr.-almost 8 months. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

I'm owned by Murphy (12) and Summer (6). I can talk about their medical histories in another thread. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to BW! How wonderful that you opened your home to rescues. Looking forward to lots of pics and stories!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif My beagle, Li'l Girl, is a rescue, too. Her siblings are: Misty, whippet mix, Traveler, we think Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, Spook, we think Australian Shepherd/Lab mix, and Miss Priss, calico cat.

Except for Misty, all the furkids are rescues.

Thank you for rescuing.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi! Welcome to Beagle World. I have an almost 2 year old Beagle named Maggie. looking forward to getting to know you and your gang better.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope this works. This is a picture from the day we met Molly. Pictured are Jake my oldest greyhound, hubby Bill, Andy, me and Molly in my lap:

Thank you again for the warm welcome!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi and welcome to BW! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Hope you enjoy it here! It's a great place. Jersey is a semi-rescue. Her mother was found as a stray a few days before giving birth to Jersey and her litter mates. They were all turned over to our local Beagle Rescue where I adopted Jersey from at 8-9 weeks of age.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've always thought greyhounds were pretty dogs too. Your one in the middle (Andy?) looks a lot more excited about Molly than Jake does. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif BIG smile. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Welcome, by the way. I've only been here a few days, but I'm addicted to coming here on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome Cheryl, Bill, Molly, Jake, and Andy...you are one beautiful family! I have a new beagle baby named Maggie, but I used to have a beagle named Molly and she was the love of our life.

Kudo's to you for adopting your Molly. I'm sure she'll bring you much joy!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jake actually is very close to Molly now and Andy is jealous. Andy is a mama's boy so I am careful about attention to him. Jake was frightened being at the adoption place but Andy is a therapy dog and goes anywhere.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Greyhounds that Bagel and I have met are all Therapy Dogs. Each year we man a booth at a Festival in our Mountains. There are two "canine companion" type groups that also have booths each year and one is all greyhounds. We put them at oppsoite ends of the Festival so the kids can interact with one group then the other but Bagel and I represent the Festival host Association and we are smack in the middle so the Bagel gets to visit both groups. As you are learning, a beagle never met a dog they didn't like and Bagel makes all sorts of dog friend each year. The Greyhounds tend to visit hospices and work with seniors and also mentally challenged youth, I suspect because of their gentle nature they bring joy to places where joy is such short supply. Andy, the Bagel and I send our respect!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Your pack is very nice! I thought about a greyhound before I rescued Henry, who is a Beagle mix. I don't have a fenced yard, though, so I didn't think it would be fair for a greyhound. How old were your greyhounds when you rescued them? I've always loved their temperament and if I ever get another purebred it will probably be a greyhound. When I was a little girl my neighbor had 3 that were the sweetest things ever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts