Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!!

I'm new to these forums, obviously. My name is Diana and I'm from Mississauga (just outside of Toronto in Canada).

My bf and I have a 6 month old pure bred beagle and her name is Zelda (we're both huge video game fans, which is where we got her name). We bought her off of some lady who rescues puppies. Zelda and her siblings were left in the heat in the summer. As soon as we approached this lady's house and saw her sitting on the porch with this tiny 8 week old beagle, we were sold.

A little about Zelda:
- she likes to dig... A LOT. When you tell her to stop, she digs faster and then runs away like a bullet.
- she knows her basic sit, stay, and lie down commands. She especially sits whenever we cross the street or come to a curb. The best that we've trained her to do so far is to hit a string of bells tied to the door to let us know she needs to go to the bathroom.... because of this, she has only had ONE accident inside the house since we've got her.
- she LOVES going to the pet store and the vet... she is practically swimming in the parking lot because we're not walking fast enough for her.
- she also loves going through drive thrus at fast food restaurants because most people give us free food to give to her hahaha
- she snores, farts, hiccups, and howls on a daily basis
- she loves having her belly pet and when i spin her in the air like an airplane (i get sooo many kisses after that)

I could write a novel about her, and it's only been a few months!!

Here are some pictures. I will post more in the appropriate forums for you all to see, but I thought I'd put something here for you to get introduced.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to another nintendo fan! We named Luigi after the green wearing brother of Mario from Super Mario Bros. (His release word is even Mario!)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gale!! Glad to know you'd say Zelda is a typical beagle.

and to Luigi's owner... Zelda was almost going to be named Peach, or Princess Peach, but when we met her, she was much more tough than that, and Zelda just sounded better haha

I thought I'd post some youtube links of her!! I always search youtube for funny beagle vids.

She's definately a cutie in this one. (then again, we would all say that about our beagle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBpJaExCvrQ

Being spoiled on the bed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HLjo-0vmA

Zelda's reaction to wearing a sweater.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2OwQWxxz-c

and there's a few more of her on youtube as well, just click my username on Youtube to see them

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to beagle world. Zelda is adorable and the photos are great! havent looked at the videos yet, but shall do.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Zelda is just adorable -- I love her markings. The video of her in her first sweater gave me my first laugh of the day -- she is a great tumbler!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Diana, Welcome to Beagle World. Zelda looks like she has the world well in her command. I don't know video games, when I saw Zelda I thought of Dobie Gillis's Girlfriend - duh - couple gnerations ago.

·
Registered
702 Posts
What a gorgeous girl!! Zelda's a great name. Welcome to our group. You'll have fun and loads of good advice.

My Daisy gives Zelda a great big Arrooo to welcome her here.

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome! I love the expression on her face in the last picture - my Spock makes that face pretty regularly, too. Isn't it amazing how their color changes in just a few months? Zelda has grown up to be such a pretty young dog. Hoping to hear more about your adventures together.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Zelda is adorable! Welcome to BW - you'll find lots of helpful information here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts