Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on Beagle World. I am Ryean and this is my 11 week old Jesse. What bundle of joy this little guy is. Here is a picture of Jesse after a long day of Play.
Great site I look forward to learning alot from everyone.
Ryean

By ryean

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ryean!!! Shame on you!! You did not give us a heads-up for a major Cute Alert! As you picture is opening, I am there going ohhhhhhh! He is adorable! Welcome to the pack. Tell us all about him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some more photo's

Somethings about Jesse he absolutely loves to cuddle with you. He is very well behaved for a 11 week old puppy he goes potty outside which amazes me, We have had him for a week now and not one accident inside. He goes to the door or he whines.
We bought him from a breeder in upstate NY.
He was raised out side from the day he was born which seemed a little odd to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif exspecially scince it has been so cold up here.
We have our first vet appointment Tomorrow!
Again thank you for the warm Welcome's

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow -- Jesse has to be one of the most adorable puppies I've ever seen! He is really precious. His having been outside for his young life probably has helped with potty training. Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Ryean :wave: A big old welcome arrroooo to Jesse. He is adorable bit all beagle puppies are adorable. The neat thing is they grow in to cute adorable loving adults. 11 weeks and let's you know when he needs out, what a smart pup.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome! We have young & old beags that are as "diverse" as any human could be! Goober is our record-breaking "longest-lived" beag & we have had our share of adoptees that only lived for 13 yrs! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone
I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words!!!
I have my first question well the first of many I am sure. I woke up this morning I noticed a bunch of little white things ranging from 1/16” to a ½” long in Jesse’s Bed. I did some research on the internet I have come to the conclusion that Jesse has worms. Now my question is if Jesse has been dewormed since birth how would it be possible to have the amount of worms that were in his bed.
Another thing there was no Feces in his bed, everything that I have read show that the worms are in the Feces. Is it possible for the worms to get out with out being in his feces? I did see worms in his feces this morning.
We do have an appointment with the Vet today at 1:30PM. I am sure they will be able to help out.
I did call the breeder and asked what deworming she had performed the brand that she used was called NEMEX ll she then proceeded to tell me at this point he should be given DRONTAL. I am sorry for such a long post I am very concerned for the health of my little Beagle. Any Help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Ryean

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Ryean:
...I did see worms in his feces this morning. We do have an appointment with the Vet today at 1:30PM. I am sure they will be able to help out.
Ryean
Don't panic - worms except heartworms are not that big a deal. I'm sure your vet can deal with them in short order. The main thing with intestinal worms as they compete with Jesse for available nutrients and we want Jesse to grow strong and healthy so dealing with the worms in a timely manner is appropriate. This afternoon is more than timely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know I should not panic. From what I have read it seems like a very curable problem.
My wife was freaking out a little bit this morning so it made me a little nervous Ok a lot nervous lol.
We have a 4 year old son that has become very close to Jesse licking hugging, to find these little worms in Jesse's bed your worst fears start to come out.
Thank You for the reassurance
Ryean

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Ryaen and Jesse!! :wave: Welcome from another Nutmegger!! Jesse is absolutely adorable--what a face! I bet he could melt some of the snow and ice we have piled around!! The shot of him with the wrapping paper is so cute--I remember my Shiloh attacking wrapping paper her first Christmas! :animal18:
I'm sure the vet will be able to give you something that will take care of your babe's worms quickly. Please give him a little tummy rub for me!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. An adorable pup you have there. I'm sure by now the worms are a thing of the past and dont worry they are not the dangerous type for people. We give ours Drontal as well, maybe twice a year.
Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures with him.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Ryean,

A belated welcome to you and your very, very cute (and hopefully dewormed by now) baby, Jesse.

It sounds like you have a good case of "beagleitis" like the rest of us. It's easy to catch, isn't it?

My Henry was a hurricane dog from Louisiana and came to us ill from heartworms and terribly frightened of everything. He is healthy now and whining at me to give him one of his Christmas treats (I won't...he's also too pudgy). He's completely stolen our hearts...just like Jesse has stolen yours.

Glad you found BW...keep warm up there!

~Denise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update Jesse is doing much better than he was a week ago. I think we got rid of all the worms!
We have another vet appointment in two weeks for another deworming.
He is now acting like a puppy getting into everything, playing hard. I definitely have "beagleitis"!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry about the late welcome to BW ! You have one cute little guy !
Quote: He is now acting like a puppy getting into everything, playing hard
Being a beagle is a hard job ! :happyhappy:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Thanks for the update. So glad little Jesse's worming treatment was successful, and he's beginning to feel like a genuine Beagle puppy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts