Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new beagle owner and excited about my new 'best friend'! We (my g.f. and I) adopted her about 3 weeks ago, she is somewhere around 9 months old and such a good little girl! There are some pictures of her *here* !

She came to us 'crate' trained but has been very good about going outside, I would consider her potty trained as the only time she makes a mess is when she is being ignored. She isn't very vocal, though: she won't bark at anything but another dog. To 'signal' us that she wants to go potty she either scampers around the door, bites at my hand, or at the leash if it's visible to her. How do you go about getting your dog to complain?

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more question to throw out there: The humane society claimed she was '1 year old', but she is only about 12" at the wither and 20lbs on a full stomach. Judging by her young look, I would think she isn't more than 9 months old. Could she be young and on her way to a big 'ol beagle, or is it possible she is destined to be a petite dog?

Her appetite is pretty mild, suggesting she isn't in a growing phase at the moment. However, I don't know if there is a difference between that and her just being picky! No one can give me a good idea about how much food she might need per day, I am currently giving her 2 cups of a 50/50 mix of Royal Canin 'adult 25' and Nature's Variety Raw Instinct. She takes in about 850 calories a day (2 cups total). If I give it to her wet she will eat 'til she pukes, but dry I am lucky to get her to finish it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.