Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Welcome! The pictures are adorable! My Bella has the same collar and harness!! Very cute...nice choice! She just turned a year the end of June and she is also quite the petite girl weighing about 22lbs so you probably have a little beagle on your hands...my other one, Badger is a hefty 38lbs! So beagles can vary quite a bit.(Don't worry the vet says he is not overweight just a big beagle!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

As for food I have been feeding Bella about a cup and a half a day of her puppy food. She eats Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Chicken Meal, Rice & Oatmeal Formula. It is a dry formula, but I add warm water to it and make it more appealing to them. I am slowly transitioning her over to adult food and will probably cut that to about a cup and a 1/4.

I also taught Badger to ring a bell when he wants to go outside. That works really well because I don't have a direct view of the back door where he goes out so when I hear the bell I know he needs to go. I haven't gotten Bella to get the hang of it yet, but with a little persistance I think I can get her to do it.

All I did was hang a bell low enough for Badger to reach with his paw and when I was teaching him he would be standing by the door so before I would let him out I would take his paw and make it hit the bell and say potty! He caught on very fast! Beagles are smarter than people say! :hi:

Good luck with the new puppy and keep the pictures coming!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.