Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Travis and my family is about to pick up a beagle pup in the next two weeks! We're very excited and can't wait to bring the little guy home.

One of my wife's coworkers had a whoops! litter with her female and another full beagle so we're going to take one of the little guys. Here's some pictures:

Front View

Side View

Just got home from Petsmart; bought a bunch of the little things like toys, treats, kennel, leash, collar, etc. Since both of us work, I'm going to take a week or two off to help get the puppy acclimated to our home. We have three kids (Abby, 4yo; Owen 6yo; and Kevyn 8yo) who can't wait to have a puppy to play with. Should be... interesting!

My wife's on a trip now so I'm trying to come up with good boy dog names. So far I've got:

Porthos
Athos
Copper
Boo
Puck
Homer

We'll see if my wife goes for any of those though...

Anyway, I'm sure it will be nice talking to and learning from ya'll. Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
First and foremost,
!
Second

Third AWWWWWW he is definately a cuite pie!

You are in for a whole lotta love and excitement with a beagle, this is a great forum for tips, advice, venting, and all things beagles! Can't wait to hear all about your first days/weeks with this little guy!

Good luck with the names, BTW you left out Aramis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I did but I also KNOW my wife wouldn't go for Aramis or d'Artagnan... lol. It's a shame because it's one of my absolute favorite books.

Thanks for the welcome and the congrats!

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is nothing more cute than a baby Beagle and your baby Beagle is no exception!! I am sure you will have great joy when your new addition to the family arrives. As for names - maybe Baby Beagle will let you know which name fits best? My daughter has just suggested Buster.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey...Coastie! How about Hooligan! Ha... My dad was in the Coast Guard, too...years ago...WWII...wearing a Coast Guard hoodie as I write this...

Good luck with your little one...best thing you bought was that kennel...the crate training will make life SO much easier!

Blessings!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've seen some Simpson's books in the stores. I've read the Illiad in college and the Simpson's are a much easier read.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts